Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone Call OMG

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

I have had Verizon for both home and iPhone for years u. They are horrible , just horrible. There is nothing good to say, except we haven't had issues lately, thank God.   Verizon sold our home phone to Frontier a few years ago and it is even worse.  There is no customer service.  Look up neither Verizon or frontier have a good national reputation.  How do they stay in business ?  the phone service you get is good, it the customer service that is terrible.  I know for a fact they don't service land lines anymore.   Our neighborhood still has telephone poles, we were loosing service all the time, as were the neighbors, or the lines woukd scramble I would get others calls and visa Vera.    They did something to alleviate it, then sold our town to another network.   Frontier

@shoekitty 

A few years ago I had to get rid of my landline, I was getting nothing but bad reception and static and even AT&T would not service landlines, they said I'd have to call an electrician and that was the end of my landline  (luckily I only used my landline for emergencies---when the power went out and with an old style phone I could still make calls using the landline)......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Add me to the growing list of formerly satisfied customers who will be going with a different carrier sooner rather than later. Their CS used to be competent if sometimes a challenge to understand, but lately, they're hard to reach and once you do they don't seem to resolve issues. My last contact with them was via chat, as I never could get through on any of their phone numbers. The agent supposedly transferred minutes from an older phone to a newer one, but they never showed up. I keep telling myself to call them back, but just not sure I'm up for the hassle. I guess it's time for me to go with a real grown up cellphone next time around and I can tell you, it won't be via Verizon or any of their affiliates. There is nothing about that company that induces me to trust them or to have any level of confidence in them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

My first cell phone was a Trac way back before they had smart phones and I stayed with Trac for years.  Their customer was always a nightmare.  It's in India and between the background noises and the heavy accents, I'd be on the phone almost in tears.  Then my my nephew put me on his T Mobile account and I've been happy ever since.  

Honored Contributor

Verizon took over?  That means they are going from bad to worse.  Next time I venture into a new phone for travel, I'll contact Consumer Cellular.  Ted Danson sold me.

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It may be time for many of us to consider moving on to another cartier.  Maybe they're phasing out TracFone in lieu of Verizon's lower cost plans.  Eliminating competition, as it were.

@Kachina624 

I think you are right.....anyone know of any cell phone company that has good customer service----without the high price tags?????

@Spurt  I intend to investigate Consumer Cellular.  They win awards for their CS.   Budget friendly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had Tracfone and only paid 100 a yr for it when I would buy a one yr card for 100 plus all those taxes and fees.

quality of pictures I would get wasn't worth a hoot. Had a bunch of minutes left, but, didn't care.  Switched to Jitterbug I got from Best Buy couldn't get reception where I live I think they are mainly for city people or if you live close to a tower.  Took that back and got store credit.

Went to Walmart woman told me since I'm not a heavy user (still have land line) that I should go with Straight Talk like her mother. Phone was 50 bucks.  Lowest monthly plan to where you have to buy a monthly card was 35, went with that one.

Pictures coming in are so much clearer

no reception trouble

lot easier to use no more pecking out letters it's like a pc keyboard

don't have to peck 3 times on a letter to get to the 'C'. Hated that.

You can buy your card at the Walmart. I signed up for auto pay thru my bank account get a 1.00 off (34) by the time they add taxes comes out to 38 a month. Texas taxes 8.25%

Taking my own pictures is easy, sending them is easy. Really satisfied with them. Unfortunately, with every company these days your apt to get

somebody from India, china, Mexico. I feel sorry for those who are hard of hearing  plus having to listen to fast talking accents. Even Q now you

never know what country you'll be talking to.

I got unlimited talk and texts don't have to watch the meter hate that too

Got that on my internet service too no "data usage" unlimited monthly usage.

I like Straight Talk and the people at Walmart can set it up for you just give them your email and they can activate it for you.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It may be time for many of us to consider moving on to another cartier.  Maybe they're phasing out TracFone in lieu of Verizon's lower cost plans.  Eliminating competition, as it were.

@Kachina624 

I think you are right.....anyone know of any cell phone company that has good customer service----without the high price tags?????

@Spurt  I intend to investigate Consumer Cellular.  They win awards for their CS.   Budget friendly.

@Kachina624 

I was thinking of them too....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I had Tracfone and only paid 100 a yr for it when I would buy a one yr card for 100 plus all those taxes and fees.

quality of pictures I would get wasn't worth a hoot. Had a bunch of minutes left, but, didn't care.  Switched to Jitterbug I got from Best Buy couldn't get reception where I live I think they are mainly for city people or if you live close to a tower.  Took that back and got store credit.

Went to Walmart woman told me since I'm not a heavy user (still have land line) that I should go with Straight Talk like her mother. Phone was 50 bucks.  Lowest monthly plan to where you have to buy a monthly card was 35, went with that one.

Pictures coming in are so much clearer

no reception trouble

lot easier to use no more pecking out letters it's like a pc keyboard

don't have to peck 3 times on a letter to get to the 'C'. Hated that.

You can buy your card at the Walmart. I signed up for auto pay thru my bank account get a 1.00 off (34) by the time they add taxes comes out to 38 a month. Texas taxes 8.25%

Taking my own pictures is easy, sending them is easy. Really satisfied with them. Unfortunately, with every company these days your apt to get

somebody from India, china, Mexico. I feel sorry for those who are hard of hearing  plus having to listen to fast talking accents. Even Q now you

never know what country you'll be talking to.

I got unlimited talk and texts don't have to watch the meter hate that too

Got that on my internet service too no "data usage" unlimited monthly usage.

I like Straight Talk and the people at Walmart can set it up for you just give them your email and they can activate it for you.

@SharkE 

Thanks for the info.....I live in the city no reception issues, even when I go out to the Hill Country.....I take photos but thats not a priority for me....

One question about Straight Talk so its unlimited data too? .....I always have enough for talk/text but occasionally have to buy data with Tracfone....

Honored Contributor

yep, with their cheapest card at Walmart it will say on the green card

"UNLIMTED TALK  AND TEXT"

I like that they set it up for you with the company. You can either go to walmart every month to refill or just let them hit your credit card (what I do not bank account I'd forgot) let them hit walmart credit card monthly for the 38 (using the walmart card I get reward points too LOL no flies on me)

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    You say "unlimited talk and text" but how about data?  That was the question.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment