Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

We love Costco white towels in a hotel pack.   I love white towels; you know if they are clean and no fading!  And any new ones you buy will match.

They must be the same ones we bought about a month ago. I wish they sold the face cloths in smaller packs - we really don't need a 24 pack.

I said to my husband that if they don't stop blooming soon they aren't going to fit on the shelf!

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

you prefer a heavy or light towel.my wife likes a light towel and face cloth and i prefer them heavy so we each have our own. we allso throw them in hamper after 1 use. just curious any thoughts?

I think the heavy, velour type towels are just gorgeous and so soft, but I don't think they dry as well as just plain old thinner towels.  Plus, I can't stand to use a heavy, thick wash cloth.  The thin ones are also better!  Plain old towels and cloths --- nothing fancy.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

most of our towels are from walmart and i do throw colored towels in with colored clothes and clothes dont pick up lint.  when i had a maytag top loading he washer i found it didnt remove lint that good but our whirlpool washer we have now that fills all the way up with water removes lint very well.

Valued Contributor

Well, I will tell you I don't know where anyone else bought their bath sheets from...

But I must of bought mine from the circus because they are like towels for elephants.

Esteemed Contributor

Big, fluffy, and absorbent. My husband and I stay in a splurge-worthy boutique hotel in Québec City, thanks to the exchange rate. They have big, fluffy white bath sheets that are just perfect (Auberge St. Antoine).

Respected Contributor

I like medium weight.

Super Contributor

I miss Fieldcrest that Kohl's used to sell, they'd have a whole wall of just about every color you'd need.  Still have a few washcloths, from the 80's or 90's. Can't find any I like now, washcloths, most have hems now, don't stack nicely, or if they have the blanket stitch, or whatever it's called, it allows threads to come through.

I have gotten some nice towels from Amazon, oddly the color, a deep pink, exactly matches some washcloths I've tried from Kohl's and WalMart.

Read recently that towels should be washed every 3 uses. I prefer every use. Hand towels, depending on usage.

Honored Contributor

@summerwind wrote:

I miss Fieldcrest that Kohl's used to sell, they'd have a whole wall of just about every color you'd need.  Still have a few washcloths, from the 80's or 90's. Can't find any I like now, washcloths, most have hems now, don't stack nicely, or if they have the blanket stitch, or whatever it's called, it allows threads to come through.

I have gotten some nice towels from Amazon, oddly the color, a deep pink, exactly matches some washcloths I've tried from Kohl's and WalMart.

Read recently that towels should be washed every 3 uses. I prefer every use. Hand towels, depending on usage.

I may be the only that will readily admit it, that's about how often I change ours.  If you're clean when you get out of the shower, how dirty are you making them?

Honored Contributor

Yesterday, I commented on another thread:  I've been looking for lightweight towels; fast-drying so they won't sit damp in a hamper.  Just hang on shower until dry, fold,  and then ready to wash with other towels, etc.  I believe I found them on Amazon.  Utopia Pool Gym Bath Towels Lightweight Quick Drying.  They are smaller, though 22" wide by 44" long. 6-pack, $30.99. White only.  I gave the print-out to a neighbor who has other items to order and we'll bundle them together. .......... Hope I like them.  Lots of good reviews, btw.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Lol @CelticCrafter, ok, I admit, I did say "prefer". I "try" to wash every 3 uses Smiley Happy. This time of year, tho, it's hard to get them to dry, even hanging on shower rod in front of an open window. That bothers me more than anything.

Growing up, my mother, who was a clean freak, changed towels and bedding twice a week. In my first years on my own, I rebelled, and... well, not so often. Once I got my own washer/dryer, I got better again. Never got sick either way.