Respected Contributor

I would like to see QVC sort topics when they are presented by the first poster.  If it is a thread which might turn controversial, they should reject it then and there and directly notify the poster.  That way posters won't be disappointed when they post on a thread which is later poofed.

What do the rest of you think about this idea?

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

I would like to see QVC sort topics when they are presented by the first poster.  If it is a thread which might turn controversial, they should reject it then and there and directly notify the poster.  That way posters won't be disappointed when they post on a thread which is later poofed.

You mean have a moderator review each topic before it gets displayed to users? That's not feasible. They would need to hire more people and we would pay for in higher prices. No thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Topic Sorting

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

The problem is, any thread (even with a very innocuous title or OP) can turn contentious. 

Trusted Contributor

Not THAT would be over-moderating.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

Re: Topic Sorting

[ Edited ]

OP if you're saying the mods should read EVERY new thread's first
post and poof it if it MIGHT get into controversy I don't think
it's a good idea or even practical, think of how many threads get
started every day all day.

And anyway I thought the main complaint here was that the
moderation is TOO tight and imho I don't think it's a good
idea to start poofing what "might"
happen .

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

Maybe we're misinterpreting what the OP
meant?

Surely she doesn't want MORE
strict moderation?

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

You can't always tell by the opening thread if the thread will end up against standards.  Many threads start out fine until posters decide to add some spice in their post.

Esteemed Contributor

I started a thread once about the loss of my favorite aunt, simply to say that we should all tell our loved ones how we feel about them while they're still here... I kept putting if off, and then it was too late.  

Now I don't really think a moderator would even imagine that a thread like that could go south. A LOT of people posted on it and were very kind, but thanks to a few posters, it did go south, and it was pathetic.  It was deleted.  

My personal opinion is that this suggestion is next to impossible to implement...

Honored Contributor

Unless the Mods. have precognition I don't see this working.

IMO we have enough moderation, thanks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras