Respected Contributor

Waterford Crystal at Evine

[ Edited ]

For a number of years I have been purchasing Waterford Crystal from both QVC and Evine.  I recently purchased a large number of Waterford pieces from the Evine Waterford Show that they emailed me about.  About 4 days after receiving the items I decided that one of the pieces that I received was so nice that I wanted one for myself.  I had purchased several as gifts.  I went to their website and there was the item reduced by half the price.  I was shocked to see this because I would never had know if I had not checked.  I then decided to check all the other Waterford items that I had purchased and that day it was just the one item.  I phoned Evine and they said that they were sorry and credited me over $100.  From that day on  I kept checking the other Waterford items that I had ordered and by the end of a week or so all but one was reduced.  I called them ever time and they credited me.  

I am very disappointed in Evine for doing that so soon after a lot of people watched their show and ordered like I did.  If I had not decided to purchase one item for myself I would never have known.  I rarely shop with Evine so I would not think to check. 

I have never had this happen with all the years of shopping with QVC so needless to say I am not a happy camper with Evine.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Waterford Crystal at Evine

Places run sales all the time. They gave you a refund so I think they are kosher

Honored Contributor

While it was inconvenient on your part, at least you didn't have to return the items, then order them again at the sale price.  I've had this experience at Kohl's, JCP and Macy's.(and probably some other places)

I ordered the Waterford Nativity recently and was very pleased with it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Places run sales all the time. They gave you a refund so I think they are kosher

I just do not understand why they would have 3 shows in the same day and email everyone to watch and then within a week reduce items so drastically.  I ended up getting back over $450.   From now on I will be checking after a purchase to see if it goes on sale. 

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

While it was inconvenient on your part, at least you didn't have to return the items, then order them again at the sale price.  I've had this experience at Kohl's, JCP and Macy's.(and probably some other places)

I ordered the Waterford Nativity recently and was very pleased with it.

I had to threaten to return everything with the first person I spoke to and then he said that he would give me a credit.  The others I spoke to said that they were sorry and that they could credit me.  If I would have had to return everything the shipping would have be outrageous.  You are right though at least I did not have to return everything. 

I never check anything to see if they are on sale after a purchase but will certainly do that from now on. 

Honored Contributor

I am not surprised to hear they are changing their prices that drastically with this crew.  I have been more than pleased with the Waterford pieces I purchased from them through the years but I would be very upset if I had caught them messing around with the pricing.  Plus I very rarely see Jorge anymore which I think is a huge mistake as I thought he brought so much to the Waterford programs.

I used to be a huge fan of CVN/ValueVision/ShopNBC/ShopHQ.  When they switched to Evine, I had a shipping problem with a quilt (we are talking a $4 difference here) and they were so rude to me in frustration I told them to close my account.  Which they promptly did (please note, fair enough as that is what I asked them to do).  I was surprised that they let a good customer go after decades of loyalty, virtually no returns and no payment problems but I think that's the way they roll with this new iteration.

I'm glad I have what I own.  I guess they are saving me a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Evine and its predecessors have always played free and easy with pricing. You ought to see what they do with some of their watch pricing. There's no rhyme or reason to it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They ALL do it.

I bought two Iman bags several years ago and within a week the price had fallen by $35.00 each and I called them immediately and received my refund.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I love evine, they are for right now my favorite site to go to. I've never had a problem with adjustments on their products. O P be happy that they gave you good customer service.

HSN has this practice also and they drive me crazy with their day to day pricing.
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The only things that ever interest me on Evine (or any of the other many names they have been, and what's up with that, anyways? What a way to confuse people!) is the Waterford and the Tiffany style lamps. And I've never purchased either. 

It is sad to see that Waterford isn't made exclusively in Ireland any longer, and I just don't have a use for many pieces of crystal. Same for the lamps. I purchased a number of that style from Q back in the day when they were on frequently, and don't need anymore, but the ones on Evine are really much nicer looking than most of those Q offered in the past. I still love to watch the shows, even if I'm not buying.