Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Well, now I've been told.  My comments were just that.....my opinion!!  I certainly didn't intend to carp or lecture or whatever else you choose to throw my way.  We don't need to agree with everything or everyone, but, I see no reason to be .............

Never mind, I will keep my opinions to myself!!!!!

When you've been here longer, you'll understand how certain topics appear like clockwork.  Don't let it get to you, @grandma r.

Trusted Contributor

I'll never understand how something as silly as seeing a Christmas decoration gets some people so worked up.  The funniest is when people start going off on a shopping channel's forums about how it should be about Jesus and not shopping, but you never hear these people complaining about or boycotting Hobby Lobby when they put all their Christmas decorations out in July.  In the past week, I've been to Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Big Lots, and all of those stores have Christmas Decorations out.  It's just retail, folks.  They aren't trying to dampen your Halloween spirits or take away from the enjoyment of your Thanksgiving's bland food and the coming to terms with how you actually have no choice but be related to the people at your table.  Relax.  It will be fine. 

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@grandma r wrote:

I appreciate all of your comments.  For me, Christmas is about the birth of the Christ child.  I know not everyone agrees with that, and that's OK.  I feel that the commercialization of the holiday takes away from why we celebrate in the first place.

In our home, Fall decorations stay up until the day after Thanksgiving.  From then thru the beginning of January Christmas decorations are up and Christmas music is playing.

I fully understand the position of retailers trying to sell their wares;  however, I don't have to like it.  Sorry if some were offended or annoyed by my post.  There are some traditions that I believe are worth preserving.

@grandma r

I am also Christian but I don't feel the need to complain about how other people celebrate or decorate.

You and I don't have to watch QVC shows or buy at stores.  And we don't have to lecture other people on what the holiday is about or how it should be commemorated.

I agree @Noel7.  Here's hoping we also don't get the annual this-is-really-a-pagan-holiday threads.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Happens every year.

The Christmas selling...or the forum complaining?

🙃

@sidsmom  LOL    I vote the numbers of forum complaining overtaking anything.

@Cakers3

Then a yearly snow storm happens in December (who woulda thunk?),

slows down shipping & the ‘QVC ruined my Christmas’ complaints 

from 1-post members begin.

Every.

Single.

Year.

Oh, yeah. Those!

They make me laugh and roll my eyes.

Here's the typical "QVC ruined my Christmas!" post.

Member: QVCSacks

I am a divorced single parent who works two full time jobs plus going to school full time, and I share custody with my ex, and I have a special needs child.

My child was so looking forward to getting the Pet My Puppy motion activated animal.

She fell in love with it when she saw it on QVC.

I ordered it for her on December 23, and they PROMISED that it was going to arrive in time for Christmas!

It was going to be her one special, big surprise gift from Santa.

But it never arrived!

My daughter was inconsolable, and was bawling all day long!

So QVC ruined my Christmas, my daughter's Christmas, and now because of QVC's lies and ineptitude, my daughter no longer believes in Santa.

Thanks a lot QVC!"

Did I sum it up correctly?

Honored Contributor

As Wegmans puts it:

“The holidays are very special times in our lives. Some customers like to do their holiday shopping early and others like the hustle-bustle of waiting until the very last minute. By displaying holiday items early, we are allowing you to make the decision.”

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Well, now I've been told.  My comments were just that.....my opinion!!  I certainly didn't intend to carp or lecture or whatever else you choose to throw my way.  We don't need to agree with everything or everyone, but, I see no reason to be .............

Never mind, I will keep my opinions to myself!!!!!

@grandma r

What's missing is that other responses were opinions, also.  Posting here doesn't mean everyone is going to agree with you.

For future reference, religious discussions are not allowed.

Honored Contributor

All the christmas selling ,has nothing to do with the real meaning, what we see is only about money.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

I think...I THINK I heard violins playing while I read your post.

Yes...you picked a classic. 

🎻🎻🎻🎻

Esteemed Contributor

No business putting Christmas stuff out in July, August or now, can change the meaning of Christmas if you (general meaning) let it.

In other words, it's your choice if you lets retailers ruin your Christmas.

Respected Contributor

It happens year after year. Nothing new. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.