Esteemed Contributor

Christmas is my favorite holiday!  However, it is just too soon to be pushing so hard.  It starts with Christmas in July (not just QVC, but everywhere).  It's not even Halloween yet;  Thanksgiving, and it's meaning are skipped over.  We are lucky enough to have four seasons;  we should enjoy them.

It just seems that all of the retailers want to be the first to get your money.  If this keeps up the stores will have Christmas decorations up all year!

Honored Contributor

Happens every year.

Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is the next holiday celebrated in my home, no matter what the retailers are doing.

Honored Contributor

I think this is the fourth anti-QVC Christmas presentation post we've seen recently.

I'd rather see a Q Christmas item than another rant about them. 

Honored Contributor

Retail needs to sell holiday items in advance of the actual celebration. So that people can plan their decor. That's the way it works. I'm not sure why people confuse the fact that items are available to purchase in anticipation of a season/holiday with the actual personal celebration of a holiday. 

It's the same way some people seem to think the Christmas season ends December 26th. Maybe it's because less people understand and incorporate the liturgical seasons into their own lives so they rely on retail to express it for them? No one makes you do that though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Christmas is my favorite too.  But places like QVC seem to be celebrating it all year.  Smiley Frustrated  

Honored Contributor

Fall is my favorite season and I refuse to hurry it along.  

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Thanksgiving is the next holiday celebrated in my home, no matter what the retailers are doing.

Yes, that's a neglected holiday.  

Trusted Contributor

Costco has had Christmas trees & other Christmas items displayed for at least 3 weeks, maybe a month. I just walk by the displays, pretty much ignoring them. Just because we're being bombarded with Christmas already doesn't mean we have to pay attention to it.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

Costco has had Christmas trees & other Christmas items displayed for at least 3 weeks, maybe a month. I just walk by the displays, pretty much ignoring them. Just because we're being bombarded with Christmas already doesn't mean we have to pay attention to it.

Yep, just walk on by and pick up a pumpkin pie🎃