Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Christmas is my favorite holiday!  However, it is just too soon to be pushing so hard.  It starts with Christmas in July (not just QVC, but everywhere).  It's not even Halloween yet;  Thanksgiving, and it's meaning are skipped over.  We are lucky enough to have four seasons;  we should enjoy them.

It just seems that all of the retailers want to be the first to get your money.  If this keeps up the stores will have Christmas decorations up all year!

@grandma r  Your opinion is noted but it's not the first we have seen here. 

Some enjoy the early set ups; others don't. 

It's not like one's eyeballs will fall out seeing these Christmas items sooner than one would like.

As far as the "meaning of Christmas" not everyone views the holiday as a religious event.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Happens every year.

The Christmas selling...or the forum complaining?

🙃

Valued Contributor

I haven't watched QVC for any length of time in months.  I just read on this board that Jacque Gonzalez left.  With them pushing Christmas, Christmas, Christmas for the next 2+ months, I will not be tuning in.  It's just too much.

Honored Contributor
Hardly ever watch Qvc live anymore yesterday happened to watch online I'm glad would have missed five ornaments from Lenox.
Honored Contributor

I agree, retailers are looking to get you to buy from them first.  If they don't meet their sales numbers, their stocks go down.  Stocks go down, investors not happy.  It's a vicious cycle.  Sometimes I partake in early shopping opportunities, sometimes I don't.  The Q or a store can try to sell me whatever they want.  If I'm not interested, I take myself out of the situation.  I don't watch Q or I go to another store.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

Costco has had Christmas trees & other Christmas items displayed for at least 3 weeks, maybe a month. I just walk by the displays, pretty much ignoring them. Just because we're being bombarded with Christmas already doesn't mean we have to pay attention to it.

Yep, just walk on by and pick up a pumpkin pie🎃

And some Cool Whip, Yum!

Honored Contributor

I like when the stores roll out Valentine's stuff on December 26.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Happens every year.

🙃

@sidsmom  LOL    I vote the numbers of forum complaining overtaking anything.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

Christmas is my favorite holiday!  However, it is just too soon to be pushing so hard.  It starts with Christmas in July (not just QVC, but everywhere).  It's not even Halloween yet;  Thanksgiving, and it's meaning are skipped over.  We are lucky enough to have four seasons;  we should enjoy them.

It just seems that all of the retailers want to be the first to get your money.  If this keeps up the stores will have Christmas decorations up all year!

@grandma r

I was in Big Lots a few weeks ago and they had several fully decorated Christmas trees on the sales floor, and twinkling with lights galore!

Part of the problem is the scheduled shipping of merchandise from the manufacturers.  They need to get busy manufacturing the Valentines and Easter "whatevers" and so they need to ship out all the Christmas stuff out as soon as it's made and packaged.  No more letting holiday merchandise take up space in warehouses .... now in most cases the manufacturer ships straight to each retail location .... and since most stores don't have endless storage space "in back", it has to go right onto the sales floor.  There's nowhere else for it to go.

What would be the purpose of letting merchandise sit in a back room, anyway?   Some people like to get a head start, for careful budgeting, and some people like to have first pick of the merchandise.   The only solution is to stay out of stores until you're ready to shop.

I think there's another consideration ..... more than ever, B & M retailers are competing with online retailers.  If something is right there in front of you, and you can purchase it & move on to the next task, the B&M retailer has just won out over some online retailer.    I'm just speculating here, but there are so many holiday chores that need to be accomplished over several weeks that picking up a few things here and there when you see them can appeal to many.

ITA that it's weird to see decorations for Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all out at the same time, but the only solution is to stay out of stores for the meantime if it really bothers you.   JMO

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Happens every year.

🙃

@sidsmom  LOL    I vote the numbers of forum complaining overtaking anything.

@Cakers3

Then a yearly snow storm happens in December (who woulda thunk?),

slows down shipping & the ‘QVC ruined my Christmas’ complaints 

from 1-post members begin.

Every.

Single.

Year.