Honored Contributor

I wait for toys for kids too, unless it's one of those that sell out right away. 

I love candles, real and flameless, so I buy a lot of them to decorate with  during the holidays, and I buy early. Anyone who has a problem with that isn't familiar with churches. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't recall people complaining about how early fashion changes seasons (swim suits hit the stores in January/February) in retail to give people time to build their wardrobe each year. Seasonal decor and holiday gift purchasing is really no different.

@Mominohio  I know you're not new here, but they do indeed complain about spring clothing and bathingsuits in February and sweaters in August.

The seasons are different across the nation, so while some people are ready for sweaters in September, some of us are still in the 80s with high humidity.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't recall people complaining about how early fashion changes seasons (swim suits hit the stores in January/February) in retail to give people time to build their wardrobe each year. Seasonal decor and holiday gift purchasing is really no different.

@Mominohio  I know you're not new here, but they do indeed complain about spring clothing and bathingsuits in February and sweaters in August.

The seasons are different across the nation, so while some people are ready for sweaters in September, some of us are still in the 80s with high humidity.

I do never go to the fashion forum so maybe there are people who do complain about that! It just doesn't seem to show up much in the forums I frequent. 

Retail is going to do what sells. And evidently selling items months ahead of when they are needed works, because they all do it! LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't believe that the OP feels anti Christmas. As of October 1st all three major TV retailers started their Christmas programming and some of it over the top. 

One of my favorite stores at this very moment has all four seasons running, summer is on clearance while Fall/Halloween,/Thanksgiving. Christmas/Winter and Spring is current. Vaentine's Day/St Patrick's Day and Easter will be up by December (no kidding)

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

For me Christmas is just a shadow of what it use to be, i so loved it decorated our home ,it was just beautiful but to many gone now son ,husband and others ,i actually dread that time of year ,it is just so very hard.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

For me Christmas is just a shadow of what it use to be, i so loved it decorated our home ,it was just beautiful but to many gone now son ,husband and others ,i actually dread that time of year ,it is just so very hard.

I'm sorry to hear that @goldensrbest

Our church has a Christmas dinner served early.  Would something like that appeal to you, or going out with a friend? I hate to think of you alone.

Esteemed Contributor

For me when the trees go up I tune out. Except Monday nights with Isaac. I have 56 years worth of decorations so I don’t need or want that. I rarely buy presents for others from QVC. Occasionally Dennis Basso throws/bears or jewelry. I do check out special holiday Philosophy items online. They have every right to sell how they want to and I have the right to avoid it. Win/win.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r I agree, it's early, but I've finished my shopping already. Now, I can enjoy just meandering through the stores and looking. There are always new decorations each year and so fun to look.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein