Respected Contributor

Toni's Poodle Skirt

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT IMG_2089.JPGIMG_2087.jpgIMG_2088.jpg    Toni's cousin Collette Marie came to visit from Quebec, during April school vacation.

Toni's mother made poodle skirts and blouses for the girls to wear to a Sock Hop at Toni's school. The girls were so excited to go to their first school dance.

Later in the week, Toni's father took the two girls to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, in Boston. They both wanted to wear their poodle skirts to the museum and out for lunch after their museum adventure.

Toni and Collette had their picture taken in front of the rock and mineral exhibit. Toni is wearing her pink skirt and Collette's skirt is gray with a pink poodle.

Collette took her new skirt and blouse back to Quebec and wore it to school, to show her friends what her aunt made for her. Now all the girls at school want poodle skirts, like hers.

Toni and Collette wish all the mothers a

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Honored Contributor

Oh now they are just adorable @Enufstuff!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@Enufstuff  I give the skirts and even entire ensemble 2 paws up!

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Thank you so much. These outfits were much more difficult to make , compared to making the dresses.

Respected Contributor

@Posh Poodle   Thank you very much.  I love your little poodle picture. Is that your fur baby? Very cute!

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff

The details are just so incredible @Enufstuff! You do such beautiful work. These poodle skirts look so much exactly like the original poodle skirts.

I'm in love with these little dolls and the work you do. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@Posh Poodle   Thank you very much.  I love your little poodle picture. Is that your fur baby? Very cute!

Yes, @Enufstuff , that is my rescue poodle, Baby Ruth! She's the most loving, thankful little poodle. I just love her! Thank you so much. Being a poodle mom is the greatest joy of my life.

Honored Contributor

Toni and Collette are both so adroable in their stylish poodle skirts!!😁 You do such lovely work and the attention to detail is wonderful!!

I also enjoyed reading their story... very cute.

Poodle skirts were in style when I was a little girl and I had one in gray with a pink poodle too!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Toni's Poodle Skirt

[ Edited ]

@on the bay @haddon9  Thank you very much. These outfits were a challenge to make.  I would have loved to have had a poodle skirt.   I was about 6-7 years old when the older girls were wearing them.

That year for Christmas, my mother made a red felt circle skirt for me. On the front she sewed on green satin bows with a little jingle bell attached to each one. I may re-create that skirt for Toni

at Christmas time.

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff  Omg! Toni and Collette Marie look fabulous in those darling poodle skirt outfits! I'm sure Toni and Collete Marie enjoyed Collette's visit.

I had a red & black poodle skirt in elementary school, & it had sequins as the leash going around too.

Thank you for posting your wonderful work.

Happy Mother's Day to you.