Honored Contributor

Re: Told this a.m. Power Off For Up To 5 Days!

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 

evidently we are not following the same news sources or "people."

i have been hearing about it consistently, but it does take time, it does take money, it does take manpower.......it also takes acknowlegement. i have seen things get done, but maybe not as fast or as efficiently as needed.

i live in an state that was an original colony.......infrascture issues are nothing new.

cannot really get into this too much further.......for me, this is a TOP ISSUE so i am listenin

if turning off the power for a day or two or three is going to help them identify and fix some of the issues, then people should be supporting PGE. no one wants what happened in paradise to happen again.  lets see if this gets anything accomplished.

@sunshine45   Large platforms are overshadowed by other issue which we cannot get into here.

I watch and listen.  And what I hear is a constant drumming about one person and one issue.

Locally is one thing where you are.  It doesn't mean the whole nation is being restructured.

I agree with you; I just don't agree that these "large platforms" are all across the nation during this time. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

This is just the beginning. As climate change continues to escalate, we'll be having more and more of these planned outtages. You can't blame the electric company. They don't want to be responsible for more destruction. I suppose they could bury all the lines, but that would raise costs substantially. Pick your poison, because it's only going to get worse.

No, in fact we can blame the power company.

They have failed to replace non-insulated lines with insulated lines, they have failed to properly prune vegetation, and they have failed to do much else in spite of the fact that they were paid extra by consumers to do so, @bathina 

It's not just about burying lines - and even then they should be spending that money for the lines instead of having asked to give their executives huge bonuses to "incentivize" their future performance.  

I joined TURN, The Utility Reform Network, because PG&E has failed.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

The state of California has more problems than utility companies shutting off the power.  

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching Fox News and the business community is very upset. One small business owner has lost $1400 in food. Another business owner has lost approximately $10,000 in food. I feel sorry for these people who have worked so hard to build their business and are loosing revenue because of the knuckleheads. Suggestions were made that they needed to cut back the trees and bushes. That would solve issues without putting people in the dark ages. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I was watching Fox News and the business community is very upset. One small business owner has lost $1400 in food. Another business owner has lost approximately $10,000 in food. I feel sorry for these people who have worked so hard to build their business and are loosing revenue because of the knuckleheads. Suggestions were made that they needed to cut back the trees and bushes. That would solve issues without putting people in the dark ages. 

@elated 

i cannot be sure of course, but they should have an insurance policy that covers this type of loss. hopefully they will be reimbursed after filing a claim.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein