Honored Contributor

Re: Told this a.m. Power Off For Up To 5 Days!

No they don't care...and neither does State Farm. Been there, done that.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Our entire county's electric grid is really shaky and in need of repair.     People need to prepare for emergencies that will just HAPPEN   and there will be    no power.... the public is not being warned.

the country has been warned.....

this is the reason why some candidates and parties have a large platform regarding infrastructure issues. you just have to be willing to listen and believe.

I Do not believe a word they say....

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I have my supplies.

Flashlights and wine!

When I can't watch tv, use my computer or turn on my lights --- I get VERY UPSET!!!!! I guess it will be flashlights and wine for me as well!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

If you dont believe what is happening regardless of the proof of your own eyes, you're destined to suffer the consequences.There should be no sympathy for the intentionally obtuse or irresponsibly stubborn.
Respected Contributor

Update:  Still got power now we are told by text we are being turned off 8 p.m. PG&E website down - mass confusion.  This is the third time for shut down we have been given

Our schools all closed tomorrow expecting the outage but at the moment no-one knows what is happening from hour to hour.  We have no winds here at all which are forecast.

Hopefully we will have no outage but according to newscast no one knows.  

Esteemed Contributor

I can’t see why they need to cut power Before the winds pick up.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Update:  Still got power now we are told by text we are being turned off 8 p.m. PG&E website down - mass confusion.  This is the third time for shut down we have been given

Our schools all closed tomorrow expecting the outage but at the moment no-one knows what is happening from hour to hour.  We have no winds here at all which are forecast.

Hopefully we will have no outage but according to newscast no one knows.  

@dulwich   How awful 🙁

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   It is very unsettling been at this since yesterday - but now done all we can do so just awaiting developments - will it happen or not - are the high winds en route -  who knows we are in the lap of the gods or PG&E!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several school districts and a major university have canceled classes. And officials in cities such as San Jose are urging people reliant on medical devices to get them charged at certain community centers that will remain powered.
Trusted Contributor

PG&E has taken in and mismanaged billions of dollars and they are now turning off power as blackmail to force the taxpayers to pay for their crumbling infrastructure. You watch.

The weather has been beautiful here! Currently no sign of wind in my area. I am on medical baseline. There are some of us that need power for health reasons. They will need to contact me before they can turn off my power. Mark my word, there will be hefty tax increases.

Member Since 11/20/2008