Honored Contributor

Time to celebrate the new season. 

"The autumn equinox arrives today Thursday, September 22. The exact time of the fall equinox varies by time zone in North America, those living in the eastern time zone will experience the equinox at 9:04pm eastern daylight savings time, officially marking the beginning of fall in the Northern Hemisphere and the start of spring in the Southern Hemisphere.

The word “equinox” comes from Latin and means “equal night,” referring to the roughly 12-hour day and 12-hour night that occurs only on the two equinox days of the year. On the equinox we honor the balance and interaction of the light and the dark, and we may feel gratitude for the changes that come with the passing of time.

Fall represents the harvest time of year, a time to acknowledge growth and expansion as a natural evolution of our organic being. Our lives go through cycles of growth, harvest, death, and rebirth just as we see in nature.

On the Fall Equinox you may want to honor all that you have in your life and shift your consciousness from one of lack to one of prosperity and gratitude in some way through a small ritual or ceremony. Such as lighting a candle, giving thanks, and speaking your gratitude for all that you are and all that you have."

@Puddles   Thanks for your inspiring contributions for this season!

Respected Contributor

Re: Today is Fall Equinox🍁

I live on the east coast.  A cold front is passing through today that will drastically drop our temperatures.  Yesterday the high was in the 80s, tomorrow the high will be in the 60s.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Fall Blessings Happy Autumn Glitter

Valued Contributor

Yea!  My favorite time of year.  I'd take fall 9 months of the year if I could.

Happy Fall all.

Trusted Contributor

@Elodie2 wrote:

Yea!  My favorite time of year.  I'd take fall 9 months of the year if I could.

Happy Fall all.

@Elodie2   Me too!!!!!   Love this time of the year.  🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

I live on the east coast.  A cold front is passing through today that will drastically drop our temperatures.  Yesterday the high was in the 80s, tomorrow the high will be in the 60s.

me too...Northeast. While fall is very pretty...but really only for two weeks here...the rest is a downward slide to me. After that it's gray and bare for 5 months.

I consider myself like a bear who needs to either hibernate and wake up again in spring, or better still...a migrating south hummingbird! Now THAT I'll sign up for. 🤗☀️

Yesterday was a perfectly beautiful day here in Ct...perfect temps, sunny skies, no humidity. Today...rainnnny, gloomy. Although there's a kind of "cozy" feeling thunderstorm happening now.

Happy Fall y'all. 🍁🍂 To those whose favorite season this is~it's your time to shine!

@Elodie2  for me ...I would take 9 months of summer, yup, heat and all...swap it out for our 5 long months of dark, dreary winter. Trying to at least find a place to escape in February...so, God willing maybe that'll at least be something to look forward to!! 

Respected Contributor

I took the rest of the week off from work so I could get some errands done today before that dreaded cold and rain comes through late this afternoon in MD. Tomorrow only 66 which to me is cold. Of course, I bask outside in hazy, hot, thick and humid.  I hope we have a warm, quick winter.  Not loving this weather change and yep, I will complain until next April.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I envy all those who get cooler weather, rain etc. You know how sick of the sun and heat we get in Arizona? It's still going to be in the 90's and low 100's. It rained yesterday and was beautiful. Bring on winter.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I envy all those who get cooler weather, rain etc. You know how sick of the sun and heat we get in Arizona? It's still going to be in the 90's and low 100's. It rained yesterday and was beautiful. Bring on winter.

@Meowingkitty 

Ditto over here .... today is the last "mild" day for a week, with temps to hit 104 degrees on Sunday and Monday. 

Can't wait for a "cold snap".  Fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I could tell we were getting there. The sun is in its blinding position. Driving is the worst for me around the two times of equinox.