Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

Uck, I hate heat and humidity. There is no way I'd retire in Florida or anywhere below the Mason-Dixon line because of the heat and humidity.

It's only spring! I remember when summers used to be nice. Smiley Sad  Only a few days of heat wave here and there. Summer is just one big misery now, if you're a heat hater.

I agree! I also remember having nice summers. I use to love every season for what each offered(although winter was always my favorite) now, like you, I think summer is the most miserable time of the year!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Tired already of heat

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@FlowerBear  I don't know where you are but I live in the Northern Va area.  It's been terrible here.  Yesterday and today in the 90's with unbearable humidity!

I don't mind the hot as much as the humidity makes me crazy!  There's a difference.

It isn't always humid when it's hot (at least where I am).  I've always had 'issues' when the humidity is high.

My daughter in Denver said she loves Virginia (she was born here) but when she thinks of the humidity, she's glad she's in Colorado!  Ha!

I don't have a thyroid so I REALLY suffer with temps.  Thyroids regulate temperatures.  

I was supposed to go out today but my granddaughter couldn't get the pedicure with me, so I stayed inside.  I'm glad I did.

As with every day lately, it looks like we're about to have thunderstorms.

It seems like it's really early for all of this.  This is the kind of weather we usually have in August!

Looking out the window now I see the rain starting.  Here we go.

I get nervous with May thunderstorms as my house has been hit 4 times!  Well, 2 times it was the trees right next door to the house but one of those bounced off of the tree and caught the roof on fire.  

We couldn't live in the house for 5 full months.  Fingers crossed.  

When you hear a thunderstorm, think of Annabelle.  I don't live in fear because I figure I can't control the weather, but it gives me pause whenever I hear that clap of thunder.

My cat Katie is petrified of rain or thunderstorms.  She's like a weather vane.  When she's nowhere to be found, I know a storm is coming.  That means she hiding somewhere in the house.  

I feel so sorry for her.

@Annabellethecat66 

Animals know about these storms.....

I had a dear Tuxedo Cat, named Opie.  Everyone called her the "weather cat".  If it was a regular rainstorm/thunderstorm she was fine and didn't mind it at all, but, if it was a SEVERE Thunderstorm, Hail Storm, or a tornado watch she would run into the bathroom and hide behind the toilet and scream her head off...and this was several hours before the storm was even in our area....She was more accurate than Doppler Radar...When she made her weather prediction I would call family/friends and warn them....

Whenever it thundered a friend's German Shepherd would go under their dinning room table shaking and howl....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

it was 87 degrees at 10:30 am today -- I had to meet with our landscapers & I actually asked him to come in house so I could get out of the heat🥵🥵🥵🥵. 

I don't know how these guys do it & neighbors were having new roof put on and I can only imagine how hot it was up there.

Its much too early for these high temps.  I'm excited to fly North tomorrow just to "escape" it! 

Honored Contributor

It’s always been hot and humid in the south as long as I can remember so although I don’t love extreme temperatures, it is what it is and if you live here willingly, no use of complaining. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

It’s always been hot and humid in the south as long as I can remember so although I don’t love extreme temperatures, it is what it is and if you live here willingly, no use of complaining. 

haha!  how true & yup it's here to stay at least for another 4-5 months!😉

Honored Contributor

5/30   Chicago here.  Today and tomorrow mid 70's & sunny.  Over the weekend some rain on one day.  Going into the mid 60's next week.  We did have a lot of rain prior to today about 6 days straight.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Move to Santa Fe.   We're finally hitting the 70's this week.   Nice dry climate too.

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@FlowerBear 

Move to Santa Fe.   We're finally hitting the 70's this week.   Nice dry climate too.

I actually have my sights on the possibility of retiring in New Mexico. Thank you for the affirmation.

Honored Contributor

Summer is beginning.

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover 

We love Santa Fe.  Been here 9 months and ready to see what the summer is like.   We know it will be better than Dallas or Philly.    It's small but has everything we need.   Nice people, lots to do and a great climate.