Trusted Contributor

I'm in central Maryland.  We were in the mid 90's today.  Over the weekend, we were close to 90.  And it's been humid.

We've also had some horrible storms come through.  A tornado touched down about 20 miles from here, over the weekend.  And, a "possible" tornado touched down this evening, about 3-4 miles from here!

We're in for a wild ride this summer.  I'm ready for Fall already!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I’m so tired of the rain in Pennsylvania. We have not had one week of no rain I swear for over a year!  Ridiculous. 

That's one reason we moved from Chester County to Santa Fe last summer.   I'd had it with the wet.  

Honored Contributor

We've had a terribly cool spring. I can't wait for the heat! I have a closet-full of warm summer clothes to wear and all I'm wearing are hoodies. Yuck. Bribg on the heat please!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I'm waiting for some heat. We haven't had heat yet.  It's still fall-like here.  Temps are running 20-30 degrees below normal.  And my state is under water with all the rain.

Trusted Contributor

It’s very hot here right now, but you won’t hear me complaining about it. I can’t stand thunder storms and bad weather, so extreme heat is a much better alternative. I feel so sorry for all of the people enduring tornados and flooding right now. It seems like they just keep getting hit by bad weather. We can pray for them and donate to reputable charities in their area like Samaritan’s Purse (It’s run by the late Billy Graham’s family), Red Cross, and the Salvation Army.

Trusted Contributor

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

I'm in central Maryland.  We were in the mid 90's today.  Over the weekend, we were close to 90.  And it's been humid.

We've also had some horrible storms come through.  A tornado touched down about 20 miles from here, over the weekend.  And, a "possible" tornado touched down this evening, about 3-4 miles from here!

We're in for a wild ride this summer.  I'm ready for Fall already!

@onlyshopsonline I tell you the weather is no joke these days. It’s one extreme or the other. We had rain and flooding all winter and now triple digit heat and drought. I’ll take the drought any day! Anything but those scary storms. I hope the weather improves up in MD.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tired already of heat

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@FlowerBear  I don't know where you are but I live in the Northern Va area.  It's been terrible here.  Yesterday and today in the 90's with unbearable humidity!

I don't mind the hot as much as the humidity makes me crazy!  There's a difference.

It isn't always humid when it's hot (at least where I am).  I've always had 'issues' when the humidity is high.

My daughter in Denver said she loves Virginia (she was born here) but when she thinks of the humidity, she's glad she's in Colorado!  Ha!

I don't have a thyroid so I REALLY suffer with temps.  Thyroids regulate temperatures.  

I was supposed to go out today but my granddaughter couldn't get the pedicure with me, so I stayed inside.  I'm glad I did.

As with every day lately, it looks like we're about to have thunderstorms.

It seems like it's really early for all of this.  This is the kind of weather we usually have in August!

Looking out the window now I see the rain starting.  Here we go.

I get nervous with May thunderstorms as my house has been hit 4 times!  Well, 2 times it was the trees right next door to the house but one of those bounced off of the tree and caught the roof on fire.  

We couldn't live in the house for 5 full months.  Fingers crossed.  

When you hear a thunderstorm, think of Annabelle.  I don't live in fear because I figure I can't control the weather, but it gives me pause whenever I hear that clap of thunder.

My cat Katie is petrified of rain or thunderstorms.  She's like a weather vane.  When she's nowhere to be found, I know a storm is coming.  That means she hiding somewhere in the house.  

I feel so sorry for her.

@Annabellethecat66  I have thyroid issues too and my body doesn’t regulate it’s temperature. I can go from freezing with my hands turning blue to burning up with my face beet red in a two minute period. I’ll still take sweltering heat and drought to scary storms. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had so much damage and stress from all the bad weather up your way. The odds are that your house has been hit so much that you are due a long spell of good luck. I hope so. You and Katie take care and stay safe.😊😸

Trusted Contributor

Uck, I hate heat and humidity. There is no way I'd retire in Florida or anywhere below the Mason-Dixon line because of the heat and humidity.

It's only spring! I remember when summers used to be nice. Smiley Sad  Only a few days of heat wave here and there. Summer is just one big misery now, if you're a heat hater.

Honored Contributor

Move to MA.  We have an occasional nice day but for the most part it's been cool temps and clouds and rain.  We'd love it if we had some hot summer weather.

Honored Contributor

ME too. I am disliking the heat already and the hi humidity!!  Not my fav time of year. All I can do is get thru it and pray for an early Fall  Smiley Happy   It is not fun having asthma in the humidity and so I try and stay in the AC as much as possible.  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller