Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods

[ Edited ]

@Maudelyn wrote:

I see reports of regular Joe's being arrested for DUIs every day. I have a close relative who lived a modest life, worked hard, kept decent,etc. who was arrested for dui. Unless you have never had a drink and gotten behind the wheel, it's hypocritical to judge.

Since my relative was picked up, I have never had any alcohol before driving.

I am sorry but I WILL sit in judgement of people that drink and drive (or do any drugs and drive). You might feel differently if you've had close friends and loved ones DIE from people who drink and drive. It is NEVER okay and it should NEVER be accepted as a fact of life that some people do, an innocent "mistake". Nope. It is really simple. If you drink, don't drive. Period. There are no exceptions and no excuses. None. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I bet his dad is rolling in his grave after all that has gone over the years. Sad and not a good role model for his children. 

@HappyDaze  Or ANY children.  Years ago when he first became well-known, he was so clean-cut and mannerly.  I hoped he would never betray the trust of the many children, especially young boys, who idolized him.  Sadly, it seems to have come to the point where he has.  Hopefully, this will serve as a wake-up call. 

True @Kachina624 but I am one who never understands why people try to make celebrities, which include sports personalities, "role models" for their children. Role models, imo, are people like the person at the soup kitchen handing out food every week to the homeless or the person who rescues and cares for abused animals and gives them new homes, not people who golf for a living ( a very nice living btw) or someone who plays pretend on tv or in movies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods

[ Edited ]

no sympathy for him right now ...although IMO it must be very depressing to know you're the #1 golfer in the world and be a "has been" due to both emotional & physical issues.  

Many of us have faced life changing experiences but they go unnoticed as we are everyday people - celebrities are held at a different level.

on the other hand, we don't know the "true" story of how the sheriff just happened to stop him. It's sad no matter what way you look at it.

just thankful no one lost their lives or he injured anyone. 

Honored Contributor

'Could be' that it's a subconscious cry for help........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I bet his dad is rolling in his grave after all that has gone over the years. Sad and not a good role model for his children. 

@HappyDaze  Or ANY children.  Years ago when he first became well-known, he was so clean-cut and mannerly.  I hoped he would never betray the trust of the many children, especially young boys, who idolized him.  Sadly, it seems to have come to the point where he has.  Hopefully, this will serve as a wake-up call. 

True @Kachina624 but I am one who never understands why people try to make celebrities, which include sports personalities, "role models" for their children. Role models, imo, are people like the person at the soup kitchen handing out food every week to the homeless or the person who rescues and cares for abused animals and gives them new homes, not people who golf for a living ( a very nice living btw) or someone who plays pretend on tv or in movies.

I would agree about role models, but good luck with that in our culture.  Not happening.

Honored Contributor

I hope his ex-wife and children are doing well, he clearly is not.

Contributor

I don't think Tiger's father was the role model he should have been.  He was a cheater more than once; unfaithful to his first wife with Tiger's mother. It appears that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

He quit his job to coach Tiger when he was just a kid.  How you would to like to have been one of Earl Woods' (Tiger's father) other children from his first marriage?  It's almost like they didn't exist.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

People lose their ability to make sound decisions when they drink.

It is unrealistic to expect someone who has had too much to drink to understand they've had too much and shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

@QueenDanceALot darlin' I love you more than my luggage but at his age he should fully understand what the effects of alcohol has on his person . . . sorry but for me he totally owns this.

Contributor

I don't think Tiger's father was the role model he should have been.  He was a cheater more than once; unfaithful to his first wife with Tiger's mother. In looking back, it appears that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

He quit his job to coach Tiger when he was just a kid.  How you would to like to have been one of Earl Woods' (Tiger's father) other children from his first marriage?  It's almost like they didn't exist.  

Honored Contributor

This guy is simply a hot mess, period.  Hard to feel any sympathy for his latest antics.