Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

People lose their ability to make sound decisions when they drink.

It is unrealistic to expect someone who has had too much to drink to understand they've had too much and shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

@QueenDanceALot darlin' I love you more than my luggage but at his age he should fully understand what the effects of alcohol has on his person . . . sorry but for me he totally owns this.

Oh, @momtochloe, I don't disagree.   It is totally his to own.  My only point was really to say that while he's under the influence he can't make rational decisions like some seem to think he should be able to.

He can't even begin to deal with this until he gets sober.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods

[ Edited ]

Headline:

DUI

of the 

Tiger

----------

and of course, tons of 'driver' references.

(quiet chuckle)

----------

We're a nation of forgiveness.

Especially with men & sports.

If you're not full of attitude, you can literally

get away with murder...and the Public will forgive.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

People lose their ability to make sound decisions when they drink.

It is unrealistic to expect someone who has had too much to drink to understand they've had too much and shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

@QueenDanceALot darlin' I love you more than my luggage but at his age he should fully understand what the effects of alcohol has on his person . . . sorry but for me he totally owns this.

Oh, @momtochloe, I don't disagree.   It is totally his to own.  My only point was really to say that while he's under the influence he can't make rational decisions like some seem to think he should be able to.

He can't even begin to deal with this until he gets sober.  

@QueenDanceALot point well taken my friend.  I mean I realized decades ago to never drive if I have/had been drinking but for someone that is in the grips of addiction (although I find it tough to understand) that if you are going to play you are going to pay but I guess it just shows how deep he is in his addictions . . . wow, this is really so sad.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I bet his dad is rolling in his grave after all that has gone over the years. Sad and not a good role model for his children. 

@HappyDaze  Or ANY children.  Years ago when he first became well-known, he was so clean-cut and mannerly.  I hoped he would never betray the trust of the many children, especially young boys, who idolized him.  Sadly, it seems to have come to the point where he has.  Hopefully, this will serve as a wake-up call. 

True @Kachina624 but I am one who never understands why people try to make celebrities, which include sports personalities, "role models" for their children. Role models, imo, are people like the person at the soup kitchen handing out food every week to the homeless or the person who rescues and cares for abused animals and gives them new homes, not people who golf for a living ( a very nice living btw) or someone who plays pretend on tv or in movies.

I would agree about role models, but good luck with that in our culture.  Not happening.

It all starts at home- parents should be the ones teaching children the type of people to look up to. I'd also say having conversations with our children about what makes someone a true role model is important. 

Honored Contributor

RomanO:  Exactly what my walking friends were saying today.  (I previously hadn't known about the father, and wasn't quite sure how true it was.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor
I hope he doesn't kill/ seriously injure someone driving under the influence of alcohol and /or drugs. 
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I bet his dad is rolling in his grave after all that has gone over the years. Sad and not a good role model for his children. 

@HappyDaze  Or ANY children.  Years ago when he first became well-known, he was so clean-cut and mannerly.  I hoped he would never betray the trust of the many children, especially young boys, who idolized him.  Sadly, it seems to have come to the point where he has.  Hopefully, this will serve as a wake-up call. 

True @Kachina624 but I am one who never understands why people try to make celebrities, which include sports personalities, "role models" for their children. Role models, imo, are people like the person at the soup kitchen handing out food every week to the homeless or the person who rescues and cares for abused animals and gives them new homes, not people who golf for a living ( a very nice living btw) or someone who plays pretend on tv or in movies.

I would agree about role models, but good luck with that in our culture.  Not happening.

It all starts at home- parents should be the ones teaching children the type of people to look up to. I'd also say having conversations with our children about what makes someone a true role model is important. 

It does start at home.  And even if it does, kids are exposed to all kinds of influences, some more powerful than what they learn at home.

And how many parents are influenced by celebrity and social status themselves?  Seems to me it's a huge issue for adults as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Denial can be very powerful.

Trusted Contributor

Tiger Woods, as with many celebrities, has had other people doing his bidding for most of his life. Time to be an adult, Tiger. One thing they can't do for you is take responsibility. I'm sure he worked hard to excel at his sport but he's been blessed more than most. I'll save my respect for the average Joe who doesn't break the law and expect ppl to accept his excuses.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.