Respected Contributor

Re: Those of you who have gotten both your Moderna shots, question?...

My arm was a little sore after the first shot. After the second, in eight hours I started developing chills, low-grade fever and headache lasting throughout the night. I was perfectly normal by the next afternoon. 

Valued Contributor

My husband and I had both shots. We both had sore arms after the first shot and some fatigue the day after. The second shot however was different. My husband felt like he had a virus. He was  exhausted and achy for a day. I couldn't sleep because the pain in my arm was horrible. I had a very large rectangular hard bump on my arm. The severe pain lasted only one day , then the itch started. All in all not too bad!

Respected Contributor

Just got my 2nd shot today!!  So far so good.  With my 1st, I only had a sore thigh (that's where I get my injections) for a day or two.  My hubby had 2nd a few weeks ago and had no reaction except sore arm.  It is different for everyone and makes no difference as far as which vaccine.  I know of people who had Pfizer, Moderna and J & J and all are about the same as far as reactions.  Good luck and thanks for getting the vaccine!!!  You are helping the cause!!

Honored Contributor

I have to think about who got which one. For some people I can't remember which shot they got.

I know for sure DH and a few of our friends have gotten both Moderna shots. All had arm pain both times and no other side effects of note. I think one other person may have gotten Moderna and had no arm pain at all.

More people I know have gotten Pfizers. Anecdotally I've heard about slightly stronger side effects, all of which went away successfully and were not a huge deal, with Pfizer.

As long as they go away quickly and aren't severe I don't mind side effects. Proves it's working. I want at least a little arm soreness but if I don't get it, I won't worry, I hope.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb I had my 2nd  dose of Moderna 3 weeks ago. The only effect was a very slightly sore arm at the injection site for 2 days. Nothing else. No fever, chills or headaches.

Maybe since 4 years ago I had lots of chemo and radiation I got let off the hook for after effects for this!

Esteemed Contributor

I had an annoyingly sore arm from the first Moderna vaccination that lasted three or four days.  It was annoying because it only bothered me with particular arm movement.

After the second injection my arm was not as sore but I did have some swelling and a mild "covid arm" rash, neither of which was bothersome.  This lasted three or four days. 

The day after the second injection I experienced a very brief period of "chills" that caused shaking.  Jacking up the heat and a bowl of very hot soup quickly took care of the problem.

I did feel tired the day after the second injection but not to the point of fatigue.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Got my second Moderna vaccine yesterday. Arm is much MORE sore then the first time. And this afternoon, about 24 hours after the injection, I started feeling achy, tired, with some minor chills. I feel like I have a fever but just checked and it's 98.6, but my normal day in day out temp. is usually 97.7...it's almost written in stone. Ha! Haven't had a headache or loss of appetite or anything like that. BTW, on the first shot I had no problems at all other then a minor sore arm.  

Esteemed Contributor

My arm hurt more than the first shot and I was tired that afternoon, few chills. But I shopped, walked the dog and drove in traffic 40 miles for the vaccine.

Respected Contributor

I happened to have my annual physical  the day after my second Moderna and the clinic said in general more side effects with Moderna than Pfizer. Arm was tender like a flu shot but I felt like I was getting the flu also. Body ache, tired and chills. Just felt blah. Took Tylenol a couple of days. Thankful to have received both and finished so just  a minor discomfort.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

Got my second Moderna vaccine yesterday. Arm is much MORE sore then the first time. And this afternoon, about 24 hours after the injection, I started feeling achy, tired, with some minor chills. I feel like I have a fever but just checked and it's 98.6, but my normal day in day out temp. is usually 97.7...it's almost written in stone. Ha! Haven't had a headache or loss of appetite or anything like that. BTW, on the first shot I had no problems at all other then a minor sore arm.  

Exactly my reaction to the second Moderna, even with it hitting 24 hours later.  My achiness and chills were very minor.  Everything gone by the next morning.