Respected Contributor

Those of you who have gotten both your Moderna shots, question?...

I go for my 2nd on 4/5, BF goes tomorrow for his second.

First one went well...no sickness, only fatigue the day after and sore arm for a week. BF and others I know didn't have a sore arm.

Of my friends who have gotten 2nd Moderna, some have gotten fever, headaches sick after about 12 hrs, for about 12 hours.

Just wondering if anyone who got both Modernas, did you experience sickness on 2nd (or first) shots or not?

Honored Contributor

Re: Those of you who have gotten both your Moderna shots, question?...

I got my second Moderna shot two weeks ago yesterday.  Had no reaction at all except after a week I got a big goose egg on my arm.  It wasn't ever sore at all but it itched like crazy for 4-5 days.   It's all gone now.  My sister had the same reaction. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

A total guessing game, for as many who say they felt very sick, there wil be just as many who said they felt fine, we are all different. 

Valued Contributor

I got Covid Arm with second shot. Arm was sore, with a large red rash, felt hot and hard at site, and itched. Symptoms lessened each day and were gone in 5 days. Also, had chills at night and needed a nap the next day after vaccine.

All good now.

Honored Contributor

It varies for each person, but with my 2nd Moderna, I had a fever of 101, a nasty headache and I was really cold, but no actual chills.  It started around 15 or 16 hours after my shot, lasted an entire day and I was ok the next day.

My nephew had his 2nd Moderna last Saturday.  On Sunday, he said that "every cell in his body ached" and he had a slight headache.  He was fine on Monday.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Got my second Moderna shot on St Patrick's Day.  Had no reaction to first or second.  Good Luck

Respected Contributor

I got my 2nd Moderna shot about a month ago.  After the 1st shot, I was fine.  After the 2nd - not so fine.  That night I had chills, fever, vomiting, could not eat for 2 days.  Felt like I had the flu.  Better and back to normal on the 3rd day.

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

I go for my 2nd on 4/5, BF goes tomorrow for his second.

First one went well...no sickness, only fatigue the day after and sore arm for a week. BF and others I know didn't have a sore arm.

Of my friends who have gotten 2nd Moderna, some have gotten fever, headaches sick after about 12 hrs, for about 12 hours.

Just wondering if anyone who got both Modernas, did you experience sickness on 2nd (or first) shots or not?

My husband and I have had both Moderna. He had a sore arm on the first shot for a day or so, and the second shot made his arm sore and he felt fatigued. I am another story. I am extremely sensitive and have horrible allergies. After the first shot, I had a sore arm and some fatigue. About 5 days later I started to develop a rash on that arm. It took a week or so for that to clear. After the second shot, I felt fatigue about 6 hours after. About 12 hours after the shot I got a headache, shaking chills, and ran a temp of 100.9. After 24 hours the symptoms were completely gone. That being said I would take another tomorrow without hesitation. If we find the need for boosters I'll be the first in line.

Valued Contributor

I had my first Moderna vaccine a week ago. I had terrible aches all of the first night. Every area of my body ached. My arm was very sore and I felt very tired all week until today. I am not looking forward to the second shot because I hear the side effects are worse.

Esteemed Contributor

@amyb  I felt like a truck hit me after the second shot. Also, my eyes got red and irritated. DH said he felt like he played a football game with no pads. Neither of us had reaction from first shot except sore arms.