Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 You should really voice this in the customer care forum. 

The folks who work the boards are extremely helpful, I'm sure they will take this to task for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

The folks who work the boards are extremely helpful, I'm sure they will take this to task for you. 

@Jtdmum, I never like to get anyone in trouble. I am getting the credit for the shipping applied to my account. I just felt like she thought she was doing me a favor ( probably doing what she was trained to do),  and I felt like the refund was the correct action for QVC to take.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

email qvcsocialteam@qvc.com.

i have no doubt that they will make it right.

@sunshine45, they did begrudgingly do so.

yes, i believe she called and spoke with customer service on the phone. i am referring to the qvc social team found here and on facebook.  i think the qvc social team does an excellent job of settling customer service issues promptly.....and definitely not doing it begrudgingly.

@sunshine45, oh, yes, you were referring to the social team. I did miss that. But the fact remains, that the OP has already received her refund.

The reason that I used the word "begrudgingly" about that refund was my inference from how the OP worded it: "I was charged for the return. I call CS, she tells me I called too soon to complain about not receiving my package (I didn't) and told me the CS rep shouldn't have sent another order. She then tells me she will refund my money as a courtesy!"

So I was just commenting on that phone call. I hope that clarifies my post. :-)

@SurferWife

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  you know you did the right thing. You have a clear conscience, and virtue is it's own reward

Honored Contributor

Re: This Annoyed Me

[ Edited ]

This 'as a courtesy' nonsense is getting old and it's getting increasingly to be the mantra no matter the business or other entity one contacts to have an something rectified... It's not a courtesy, it's just good business to right a wrong... The real bite is when an entity refuses to do anything to address an unfair situation based on their 'policy'... Hey, revise your policy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Years ago I ordered an expensive bracelet from the Q and it didn't come and it didn't come. By week 3 I called CS and they sent a replacement out, sure enough the original  bracelet showed up. I called CS and told them the bracelet showed up and that I packed it up and sent it back. The CS rep was shocked and actually asked why I didn't keep it, I flat out told her that  that would be stealing and she gasped. The rep told me most people would keep the bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, oh, gotcha’. I’ve had a not-so-helpful CS call or two over the years as well. I thought you were referring to the QVC Social team.  Thanks for clarifying.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Jtdmum, I never like to get anyone in trouble. I am getting the credit for the shipping applied to my account. I just felt like she thought she was doing me a favor ( probably doing what she was trained to do),  and I felt like the refund was the correct action for QVC to take.

@Jordan2 You have to handle situations as you see fit. 

In my eye, QVC should know that their CS is slipping, for whatever reason (poor attitude, treatment of employees etc) and deal with the situation to get the company's CS back to where it was and should still be. 

CSR's pick the job, it doesn't pick them.  They get paid to do a very difficult job but it is still their responsibility to do the job. 

I don't see it as getting somebody in trouble, I look at it differently.  Opportunity for improvement.