Honored Contributor

Re: Things that make me go, Huh?

[ Edited ]

It's great that she's trying to help her children, but that should be their job, to ask you to be a reference.  At this stage, it wouldn't be from their experience, so not sure how you could help.  That is a head scratcher.

Back:  On 2nd thought, mom may have made the call, to help them find work, so they can get out on their own.  They may not know she's done this on someone's behalf. ???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I dont understand it either and I am not really sure was a business and life coach really is.  If anyone wants to be told what to do, I can do that for free and I am really good at it.  LOL.

------------

Having worked in social work for many years...my experience is that most people already know what they are going to do in a situation.  They just want someone to tell them their choice

/decision is the right choice!!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
That mother probably used to sell all her daughter's Girls Scout cookies for her! 😉

OMG - this was my first thought!  How many times while at work did people bring in the sheet for their kids' cookie sales - I would never buy from them but have absolutely NO problem buying from kids parked outside grocery stores (with parents overseeing).

Esteemed Contributor

A life coach IMO is ages. 60 and up, especially the elderly, they have lived it.