Esteemed Contributor

Grocery stores have come a long way

One local store has really figured out how to get shoppers satisfied.  At the start it was really rough, no slots available, all the things that take time to set up have now been done.  They are using instacart and shipt and allowing pickup too.  I just got my first grocery pickup slot since March.  Things look like they are in stock too but who knows as that changes daily.  More options now and I can still stay out of the store.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grocery stores have come a long way

Been doing pick up at Hy-Vee grocery store (Midwest Brand - thank you, Iowa) since March and have noticed most items are back in stock now. I'll continue the convenient pick-up until I'm ready to go into this busy store; always busy. I'm using Walgreens and Sprouts as my walk-in stores for personal items and fresh produce. Stores limit customers to low counts and I see a lot of masks being worn. Lowe's is hubs' 'go to' place. No complaints regarding these three stores. Thankful for them and their employees.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Pickup is wonderful.  Them seem to have had before, but I didn't use it.  Hope it gets expanded.

Trusted Contributor

I have been doing grocery pickup for over a year.  So I have been a part of this evolution. Yesterday I was able to get Alcohol wipes but still no lysol (unless you go in) I am NOT going in and Toilet Paper is hit or miss but I can now get that from Amazon.  I am perfectly happy doing my shopping this way.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking I can do an entire trip as a pick up order for my mother and not have to sort items between hers and mine.  Just load and go right to her home and unload.  I won't be so exhausted that way.  Hope it works well.

Honored Contributor

The grocery pickup just isn't working around here. Long wait times, not getting a lot of what you order, and someone else picking my produce and meat, just doesn't work for me. I'm really particular about those things and won't just settle. I need to see them first. 

Online ordering hasn't been all that great, for home delivery either, with some stores. Again, stuff they say is out of stock but I'm finding if I do go in the store. 

In person shopping is still a priority for me for many things. Others I am ordering online like household supplies, boxed goods etc.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

I am also really picky about meat, fish and especially produce.  I solved that problem by using a high end local store that you cannot find a bad piece of produce in.  I still haven't ordered fresh fish but everything else is great.  I have gotten everthing I have ordered.  They don't carry much in the paper products or cleaning products so I have been getting those delivered from Costco.

Respected Contributor

I haven't done pick-up, but I've been using delivery from ShopRite and Amazon Fresh.  It is getting better.  It's no longer a full-time job of stalking for a delivery date. I even put flour, rice and ground beef on my last ShopRite order not really expecting to get it, but I got everything I ordered.  I'm in NJ.