Honored Contributor

Re: Things that make me go, Huh?

Maybe they need a 'maturity coach'?

Honored Contributor

I think Mom is trying to get them out of the house.

Respected Contributor

The only possibly constructive response I could give is to suggest they reach into their own bags of tricks and become their own clients. If they can figure out a way to help themselves in this challenging time, they can assist others. They should pool their resources. But relying on what is effectively a handout is no way to launch a business. Time to get creative, bootstrap, and hitch up those big girl/boy panties. Otherwise, Walmart is hiring.

Mom probably just wants them out of the house. 

Respected Contributor

As many of you have said, anytime the parent is more interested or more vested than the child = bad news.

I did suggest perhaps they could do some volunteer work or volunteer to speak to groups to get some experience and get their names out there.  She told me that they spent too much money on their programs to do free work.  I was done at that point.

I did look into life and career coaches online and "oh My"  talk about a hot field!!!  Everybody and their dog is a coach of some sort!   When think of a life coach I think of Tony Robbins. Now you can pay a few $$$ take an online course and bam you are a certified coach.  LOL    "Life coach by day, Uber driver by night" is on a lot of business cards I think.

Honored Contributor

One would think these kids would need to have some experience doing something.  How many football coavhes never played football themselves?  

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter   HahaHaha

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it will be a looong time before these two are able to support themselves. I suspect they had lofty goals of earning big bucks, but it ain't gonna happen. I think they need a dose of reality.

They are 23 or 24 and this is their first job? What the heck have they been doing? It sure as heck didn't take 5 or 6 years to get a certificate! 

Honored Contributor

This whole 'coach' nonsense is right up there with everyone being part of a 'team'... America likes to cloak everything in sports-speak... It's a head-shaker...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Mom is trying to get them out of the house.

@DiAnne    That's too bad for mom because I see the twins living at home for a very long time.  I wonder if she has heard Taco Bell is hiring 30,000 workers?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

People who are too young and inexperienced to manage their own lives shouldn't expect others to hire them to manage theirs.  What narcissism.