Honored Contributor

Re: The nerve of some people

Smiley Wink

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@SandPiper  I believe she's in the same state as I am... Massachusetts, which believe me has it's share of rude people too!

Super Contributor

I blame it on the alcohol.

My story:  My parents are in their mid 80's.... took them to a "concert in the barn" and the venue owner had cushions on my parents' chairs on their "reserved table."   When we got there, no soft seating at our table ... the owner said, he witnessed the people at the next table, traded chairs with our table earlier.  (I didn't confront them, but wanted to.)  My parents sat on hard seats for three hours.

Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

I deal with rude and inconsiderate people everyday. It’s sad that you had to go as far as getting a cop to solve the issue. 

@chrystaltree what state do you live in. I want to move there Woman Very Happy

MA which does indeed have rude and difficult people and I think where you live and who you socialize with matters but  there are situations like I read here that I haven't seen or heard about in my 57 years.  It happens but most certainly not on an everyday basis.  Having said that, I do think the op's friend created the situation by not being clear that the seats belonged to them, meaning they brought them from home.  She further muddied it by saying "you can sit here until they come back".  Of course they thought the seats belonged to the venue so they decided the seats were for everyone.  Right now, they are probably telling people about the rude women who hogged the seats....lol

Honored Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

I blame it on the alcohol.

My story:  My parents are in their mid 80's.... took them to a "concert in the barn" and the venue owner had cushions on my parents' chairs on their "reserved table."   When we got there, no soft seating at our table ... the owner said, he witnessed the people at the next table, traded chairs with our table earlier.  (I didn't confront them, but wanted to.)  My parents sat on hard seats for three hours.

The owner should have gone up to them and explained that those chairs go with the reserved seating and he should have put the chairs back.  Shame on him.

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

@SandPiper  I believe she's in the same state as I am... Massachusetts, which believe me has it's share of rude people too!

Especially the drivers! Crazy ones up there!

Respected Contributor

Image result for blame it on the wine

Respected Contributor

A few years ago, I was riding the train from Rochester NY to New York City.  I had never been on a public train before.  It is about a 7 hour ride.

I was sitting next to a lady I did not know.  It was freezing in the train. She had a few light weight blankets bunched up around her, and a few others folded up.  I asked her if I could have one of the the un-used, folded blankets. She just looked at me in amazement and said no.

It was not until later I figured out the blankets were not provided by the train for people to use,  like on a plane.  Those blankets were her own property.  No wonder she said no.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree@Maybe they were unintentionally rude.I have done some things that left people scratching their heads and calling me rude without intent.I once saw a very large lineup at a cashier in a store but no one in front the other cashier so I thought what a bunch of crazy people not using that cashier....didn’t realize the lineup was for both as I am from a small town and never experienced that lineup method....boy did people set me straight and I am very good at waiting my proper turn now.I am fortunate I lived to tell the story.

Honored Contributor

I actually have a luggage chair on mine because I'm afraid I won't know which one is mine in a sea of them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN