Respected Contributor

Year after year I wonder why all the candidate signs are put everywhere?  Has a sign ever convinced anyone to vote for the person?  I wish they were banned.

I do watch (no choice) the TV ads and find some amusing.  One right now here in AZ shows a woman in a tutu protesting.  Something I would not known about her.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's With The Signs???

We voted here yesterday and can’t tell you if there were many signs out or not. So my answer to your question is NO. 

Honored Contributor

I wish they would be fined for every one left after the elections were over.

They should be made to take them away the day after.

Honored Contributor

I hate them too!  They seem to get worse each year and are really bad during a major election.  In my opinion, they serve no purpose except to look bad.  They are like weeds sprouting up everywhere!...seems like a waste of money too.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the signs are annoying. The one thing that’s interesting, though, is that in a large, gerrymandered district like mine, you can go from signs for every Democratic candidate to signs for every Republican candidate. It all depends on which town and which county you’re in. Nevertheless, I could live without all the signs.

Esteemed Contributor

Around here during an election year when the campagining starts gearing up it seems every other house has one that sprouts in their front yard. And they have zero influence on me.

Respected Contributor

The only reason I can find for those annoying signs is if someone goes in to vote & they aren't familiar with candidates, but they see a name that they recognize, even if they don't realize that it's from seeing it on a sign they drive past every day, boom, they vote for that person.

Honored Contributor

The signs don't bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

The woman in a tutu is Kyrsten Sinema. She is the democratic runner for the senate. That tutu incident was years ago but these politicians bring up dirt on the other candidates even though it doesn’t pertain to today.  Sick of all the signs at every street corner. Heck, we still have “red for ed” signs up in a neighbors yard down the street. 

Respected Contributor

@MeowingkittyYes that's her but I didn't want to name drop.  No matter what you do in the public eye it can/will come back to haunt you Cat Sad