Super Contributor

Re: The nerve of some people

What a story and the chair stealers were very rude.   Unfortunately some people were not raised with any manners and think everything is all about them.   

Honored Contributor

Where are the poorly behaved dogs and bratty children in this story?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too think they thought the seats were provided by the venue and the woman was saving seats...or they were drunk.

Honored Contributor

If I had been the 'chair watcher', I would have folded the vacant seats and rested them up against the seat I was sitting in, with my arm resting on top of them.

That would show anyone, tourist or not, that those seats were personal propery and no one could've sat in them if they were folded up.

But you're right, those seat snatchers were incredibly rude if it took a cop to make them move, once it was explained to them by the seat watcher.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@151949, are they going next year?  If they do, have them go two at a time and two setting use the other two's chairs as foot rests.  

Honored Contributor

@riley1 At least they asked.

Honored Contributor

The one watching the chairs did tell them the chairs were private property.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If I had been the 'chair watcher', I would have folded the vacant seats and rested them up against the seat I was sitting in, with my arm resting on top of them.

That would show anyone, tourist or not, that those seats were personal propery and no one could've sat in them if they were folded up.

But you're right, those seat snatchers were incredibly rude if it took a cop to make them move, once it was explained to them by the seat watcher.

@KingstonsMom  But then we wouldn't have a story to complain about. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I deal with rude and inconsiderate people everyday. It’s sad that you had to go as far as getting a cop to solve the issue. 

@chrystaltree what state do you live in. I want to move there Woman Very Happy

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

So true, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.