Honored Contributor

The man that left dog tied up to post during Milton charged with animal cruelty

[ Edited ]

Remember this dog?  I'm so glad the man responsible was arrested and charged with animal cruelty.  He no longer owns the dog.  Thank goodness!

Two days after Milton made landfall,  Aldama Garcia went to the Hillsborough County Animal Shelter to attempt to retrieve the dog and showed pictures as proof of ownership, according to the affidavit.

PHOTO: Florida Highway Patrol troopers rescue a dog left tied to a pole off Interstate 75 in Tampa ahead of Hurricane Milton's landfall, Oct. 9, 2024. (Florida Highway Patrol )

The abandoned dog, now renamed 'Trooper,' became famous on social media after being seen tied to a fence as Hurricane Milton approached. He is seen here Thursday at the Leon County Humane Society on Timberlane Road in Tallahassee.

Respected Contributor

Re: The man that left dog tied up to post during Milton charged with animal cruelty

[ Edited ]

I thought it was pretty bold of him to do that especially after all the public outrage. Glad he was charged, he deserved it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The man that left dog tied up to post during Milton charged with animal cruelty

This story made me weep, not silent tears but actual weeping when I read it. I'm glad he's been arrested. Now if they could just tie him to a sign along a flooding road so that he can feel the same fear that poor dog experienced.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Remember this dog?  I'm so glad to read he was arrested and charged with animal cruelty.  He no longer owns the dog.  Thank goodness!

Two days after Milton made landfall,  Aldama Garcia went to the Hillsborough County Animal Shelter to attempt to retrieve the dog and showed pictures as proof of ownership, according to the affidavit.

PHOTO: Florida Highway Patrol troopers rescue a dog left tied to a pole off Interstate 75 in Tampa ahead of Hurricane Milton's landfall, Oct. 9, 2024. (Florida Highway Patrol )

The abandoned dog, now renamed 'Trooper,' became famous on social media after being seen tied to a fence as Hurricane Milton approached. He is seen here Thursday at the Leon County Humane Society on Timberlane Road in Tallahassee.

@San Antonio Gal  Your post actually says that the dog was arrested and charged with animal cruelty!

Respected Contributor

Some posters on this forum thought tying children to a pole was funny but weep when it's a dog.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/How-Would-You-Feel-About-This/m-p/8370317/highlight/true...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just so happy this dog made it and will be getting a new home!  Thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal,

Great news!! Thanks for the update!

😊 100+ Wednesday Blessings For 2024 | Inspiring Pics & Quotes

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@San Antonio Gal  Your post actually says that the dog was arrested and charged with animal cruelty!

Thanks @Pearlee .  I edited it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

So glad he was rescued and that the former owner has been charged.....What is wrong with people???

Esteemed Contributor

I am so glad that sweet dog was saved. Many people should not own animals.

I hope he finds a much better home.

He reminds me so much of Spuds Mackenzie from the 80's.

1_d9335af5a4debc9ed3b8ebd697eba7ec.jpg