Super Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Chihuahualuv said:
On 5/15/2014 Lion said:
On 5/15/2014 Free2be said:

It is her way of saying something and I usually agree with what she is "saying".

Me, too. Wink

Me, three.

Four.

But, most of the time - not all. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Shelbelle said:

Tomorrow is the big farewell show, I am recording it as I did today.

Yes it's tomorrow.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor
On 5/15/2014 game-on said:

Sophia.... I think Whoopi is just rude.... she knew this day was coming.... she could put her big girl panties on and let Babs enjoy it.... nobody likes someone rolling his/her eyes.

Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 adelle38 said:

Why on earth are they spending the whole week and a night time special singing Barbara's praises? At one time she was a competent journalist. It's been decades since she really did interviews about important things. The way they are carrying on you'd think she'd found a cure for cancer. I can see a one program tribute but a true journalist would be embarrassed by all of this nonsense.

I'll hand it to BW that she's been around for quite a while and has certainly made her mark on broadcast TV (most notably in the pop culture arena), but there were contemporary female journalists who did even more for today's crop of women.

What worries you masters you.
Regular Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Feline Fine said:

Why on earth are they spending the whole week and a night time special singing Barbara's praises? At one time she was a competent journalist. It's been decades since she really did interviews about important things. The way they are carrying on you'd think she'd found a cure for cancer. I can see a one program tribute but a true journalist would be embarrassed by all of this nonsense.

Because she paved the way for women in journalism and the media to be taken seriously and respected.

That's an incredible legacy, and the one that means the most to her.

I agree with you completely. It is a wonderful legacy and one she should be proud of.

Respected Contributor

What specifically did Whoopie roll her eyes about? I didn't see it.

Respected Contributor
On 5/16/2014 sweetolivia said:
On 5/15/2014 Feline Fine said:

Because she paved the way for women in journalism and the media to be taken seriously and respected.

That's an incredible legacy, and the one that means the most to her.

I agree with you completely. It is a wonderful legacy and one she should be proud of.

LOL there were other women (serious journalists, BTW) who "paved the way" for today's journalists.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Buh-bye Babs.

Maybe she USED to be a good, journalist (impartial), but she has certainly shown her true colors the last few years. I rarely used to watch The View (& never, now), but I did see the show with John McCain when he was running for president.

I'm not a fan of his, but I couldn't believe how he was treated on that show. Miss Babs was a disgrace! She talked down to him, turned away from him, & made faces. I couldn't believe her childish behavior.

I've never been a fan of hers, but I can't stomach her now. Blech.

Respected Contributor

Barbara was interviewed by a local anchorwoman. She was so sweet and nice to the woman and paid her a lovely complement about her work. Made me see Barbara in a different light.

Honored Contributor

I had GMA on for a bit this AM. Every time she was on, she repeatedly promoted her special this evening, to the point where I finally gave up and changed the channel. Nothing humble about her! I wish her a happy retirement, however. Working until her age is quite an accomplishment.