Honored Contributor

48 Hours of Lousy Programing

Another 48 hour stretch of nothing but clothes, jewelry, and beauty. This happens way too often to suit me, so I won't be spending any money for a couple of days! It seems like this is happening more and more often.

And people have the nerve to complain when we get 24 hours of cooking a couple of time a year or one weekend of Christmas in July each year.

QVC PLEASE balance your programming out better than this. I have nothing against a 24 hour event of any kind, but days on end of the same clothing, jewelry, handbags, shoes and beauty bores so many of us. We'll maybe get a day off from it and then it's back to 70% of the shows being that same stuff again. We'd like to see more variety in daily programming.

Honored Contributor

Re: 48 Hours of Lousy Programing

I would love to be home to watch this weekend - but we will be traveling.

What you seem to consider good viewing - cooking and Christmas in july I find boring. I'm sure you can find something else to do this weekend beside watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

Aside from the beauty products, I think this is great programming. I would never buy kitchen stuff from QVC, and don't get me started on that ridiculous CIJ garbage they sell.

There are many 24 hour cooking events, and once they get to July they begin the endless Christmas shows. So let's not exaggerate. Smile

Respected Contributor

The thing is this may be lousy programming to you but not millions of others...it is up to each viewer - and they must have feed back that this is what many want..and so much sells and that is the operative word..SELL!!

Also, along the idea that there are so many other viable alternatives on TV these days - use that option lol..

Honored Contributor

Christmas talk already? Ugh...

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 brii said:

The OP is complaining there's not enough Christmas programming. Can you believe it?

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 5/16/2014 brii said:

The OP is complaining there's not enough Christmas programming. Can you believe it?

Honored Contributor

On 5/16/2014 brii said:
On 5/16/2014 brii said:

Christmas talk already? Ugh...{#emotions_dlg.crying}

The OP is complaining there's not enough Christmas programming. Can you believe it?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Learn to read. The OP is complaining about people who like this next 48 hours worth of programming and think they should get it, yet complain about the once a year 48 hour block of Christmas programming. My post admits that I have no problem with blocks of specialty programming of any kind, but these lines of merchandise get way more than their fair share of time.

Super Contributor

There is nothing more boring to me than Dell, Christmas in July (which is basically every month thereafter), and especially cooking.

I guess boring is in the eye of the beholder, er, beviewer. Smile

Honored Contributor

Aside from the beauty products, I think this is great programming. I would never buy kitchen stuff from QVC, and don't get me started on that ridiculous CIJ garbage they sell.

There are many 24 hour cooking events, and once they get to July they begin the endless Christmas shows. So let's not exaggerate. Smile

Yes, lets not exaggerate. If you call 4 24 hour cook events per year (one each season) MANY, then excessive is how one would have to describe the quantity of these type events that Q airs. It is getting impossible to turn on Q without looking at overpriced and ugly styles of clothing, yet another vendor who is going to save your wrinkled face, or someone wanting you to put that 300th pair of shoes in your closet.

I'm posting my dislike of their lopsided programming, especially this time of year, because as a long time customer, they need to know how I and others feel about their offerings.