Respected Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Free2be said:

It is her way of saying something and I usually agree with what she is "saying".

Me, too. Wink

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

Rosie O'Donnell had a heart attack in 2012 at the age of 52, which was one of the reasons she had the weight loss surgery. She says she feels much healthier now.

Respected Contributor

Barbara Walters has always struck me as a person who acts a little too prissy and a little too snooty for my taste. I did watch today because I wanted to see the former hosts. I didn't even notice Whoopi......I think The View will be lucky if it makes it much longer....it has gone down hill lately and maybe Whoopi knows something we don't......no excuse for her being rude, though.

Honored Contributor
On 5/15/2014 hulagirl said:

Barbara Walters has always struck me as a person who acts a little too prissy and a little too snooty for my taste. I did watch today because I wanted to see the former hosts. I didn't even notice Whoopi......I think The View will be lucky if it makes it much longer....it has gone down hill lately and maybe Whoopi knows something we don't......no excuse for her being rude, though.

I've thought the show was on its last legs for years but it keeps limping along.
Honored Contributor
DP.
Honored Contributor

Tomorrow is the big farewell show, I am recording it as I did today.

Trusted Contributor

Why on earth are they spending the whole week and a night time special singing Barbara's praises? At one time she was a competent journalist. It's been decades since she really did interviews about important things. The way they are carrying on you'd think she'd found a cure for cancer. I can see a one program tribute but a true journalist would be embarrassed by all of this nonsense.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor
On 5/15/2014 adelle38 said:

Why on earth are they spending the whole week and a night time special singing Barbara's praises? At one time she was a competent journalist. It's been decades since she really did interviews about important things. The way they are carrying on you'd think she'd found a cure for cancer. I can see a one program tribute but a true journalist would be embarrassed by all of this nonsense.

ITA - Much too much..... It's like a never-ending soap. Tomorrow's View is already taped, so she is done with that - then there's a 2 hr. special at night. Then, there will be interviews now and then - forever...... (sigh){#emotions_dlg.huh}

Frequent Contributor
On 5/15/2014 Lion said:
On 5/15/2014 Free2be said:

It is her way of saying something and I usually agree with what she is "saying".

Me, too. Wink

Me, three.

Super Contributor
On 5/15/2014 adelle38 said:

Because she paved the way for women in journalism and the media to be taken seriously and respected.

That's an incredible legacy, and the one that means the most to her.