Honored Contributor

Re: The Stuff of Nightmares!!!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

A man in Abliene, Texas was having work done on his house and a worker went under the house to check something and saw  3 or 4 rattlesnakes.  The owner called a company that removes snakes. They removed 45 Diamondback rattlesnakes from under the house.

I would be out of that house so fast your head would spin. Not afraid of snakes in general but under or in house, nope. 

OMG!!  Yes that is really a NIGHTMARE!!

I would be afraid of them coming back at some point even if the company removed them all!!

I remember reading a story many years ago about something similar in the pines of NJ.  It was a new neighborhood that was built on a rattlesnake (one rarely hears of rattlesnakes in NJ) nesting area.

Honored Contributor

I promise you I will have nightmares tonight and forever. I shouldn’t read stuff like this!!

Valued Contributor

6eedfa5831573294dbda77521ae607c2 - Edited.pngWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/19/texas-homeowners-45-rattlesnakes-under-house/3...

yikes!

There's an 17 minute video on capturing  all the snakes.

The biggest was 5 1/2 feet long.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/03/19/texas-homeowners-45-rattlesnakes-under-house/3...

yikes!

There's an 17 minute video on capturing  all the snakes.

The biggest was 5 1/2 feet long.

I would move.

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh! Nightmares, the willies and the heebejeebies! I have an aversion to snakes that dates back to the first grade (and at 65, I remember it like it was yesterday). Some genius administrator thought bringing a snake handler to our elementary school to do a presentation in the auditorium for all of us would be a great idea. He handled several snakes on stage, explaining what they were, who was venomous and who was not. For his last "act" he wound a boa constrictor around himself and came down the stairs into the auditorium. Now I have to inject, I'm a late November baby, started school at 4 years old (graduated HS and started college at 17), small for my age at the time, and in first grade at the time of this demo of snakes I was 5. The snake charmer walked down the aisle. I was three or four rows from the stage, aisle seat, and this man decided that I, a little 5 year old girl, should be the one he draped a huge boa constrictor around. I freaked out. I was so terrified at the thought of that hideously ugly, huge snake on me, I ran out of the auditorium, peed my pants (yes, humiliated even at that young age), and was so hysterical my mom was called to come pick me up. That terrifying memory stays with me 60 years later AndI can assure you - I HATE SNAKES! Worse than that I' m truly paralyzed when I see them.

If the same incident happened today, the school district and the snake guy would be making a terrified 5 year old a multi-millionaire after all of the law suits were settled!
Respected Contributor

Ewee!

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I would burn my house to the ground over snakes like that!

Honored Contributor

I saw a story of another house where a snake was in the toilet.

Valued Contributor