Esteemed Contributor

A man in Abliene, Texas was having work done on his house and a worker went under the house to check something and saw  3 or 4 rattlesnakes.  The owner called a company that removes snakes. They removed 45 Diamondback rattlesnakes from under the house.

I would be out of that house so fast your head would spin. Not afraid of snakes in general but under or in house, nope. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Stuff of Nightmares!!!

@CrazyKittyLvr2  That is a nightmare!  I think at that point I would want the house burned down, and I would be moving as far away as possible.  The older that I get, the more phobias I seem to have and snakes fall right in there.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Well if I ever needed a reason to not move to Texas, you just gave it to me.  Holy heck!

Honored Contributor

Abilene is in prime rattlesnake country.  It's not unusual for people to come across "nests" of them, usually in old buildings without much human traffic.  They're great for keeping the rodent population down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

OMG, we have rattlers in Northern California and when I am out for a walk on a trail I sometimes will scare myself an turn around. We had quite a few snake bites last year. I hate em.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

i'd move to an apartment on the 20th floor!!  maybe then i'd be able to sleep.....maybe....

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

A man in Abliene, Texas was having work done on his house and a worker went under the house to check something and saw  3 or 4 rattlesnakes.  The owner called a company that removes snakes. They removed 45 Diamondback rattlesnakes from under the house.

I would be out of that house so fast your head would spin. Not afraid of snakes in general but under or in house, nope. 

Don’t they keep coming back to the same house?

Honored Contributor

And it’s extra dangerous this time of year,

when their venom hasn’t been released all winter.

FULL dose, if bit. 

Respected Contributor

Years ago we lived in a very out in the country type area and one of the neighbors a few streets down had snakes in the walls of their house.  They said sometimes they would wake up to get a drink from the kitchen and there were snakes slithering around.  Eventually the house burned down.  I was so glad to move from the area.

Honored Contributor

I recently took a first aid coarse in my area (required for my volunteer job) and learned our local hospital keeps just one antivenom dose for rattlesnakes, in stock, because it is pricey!  So if you go to that hospital on a day when someone else has already used up the supply...you have to be airlifted to another hospital. 

I try to stay far away from snakes.  Most of the ones I see are harmless, but I do see rattlesnakes a few times a year.