Respected Contributor

Ordered a pair of shoes, $30 and a container of pretzel bites, $7.29. Shipping for these two items is $16.94......I am done with them. This is a huge jump from what they have been charging.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234.  If you just bought the shoes, they'd be the usual $6.99.  If you just bought the pretzel, the shipping would be $9.+ change for a $7.+ item.  I'd say perhaps there's a mistake in the shipping cost for the pretzels.  The pretzel shipping ought to be free if you buy the shoes first.

I made a purchase Monday and everything was as per normal.  I think there was just an error.  I'd call in the Morning or send an email tonight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@panda1234.  If you just bought the shoes, they'd be the usual $6.99.  If you just bought the pretzel, the shipping would be $9.+ change for a $7.+ item.  I'd say perhaps there's a mistake in the shipping cost for the pretzels.  The pretzel shipping ought to be free if you buy the shoes first.

I made a purchase Monday and everything was as per normal.  I think there was just an error.  I'd call in the Morning or send an email tonight.

@Kachina624    Yup!    I try and make purchases on Friday night, so I get free shipping for the rest of the weekend,

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

If you want to buy multiple things first buy just one item.

Then you'll unlock free shipping for the rest of the day (or the entire weekend if you purchase on Friday, as was noted).  I do it all the time, once you learn the "tricks".

Trusted Contributor

Did you order the pretzels from Boxed dot com on Zulily? I think they have a separate minimum order charge, separate and different than Zulilys. That may have been your extra expense.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't buy from there anymore. Besides the outrageous shipping fees, you cannot return an item without hassle, and their selection is limited. Its like shopping on the bargain rack at Marshall's. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624    Yup!    I try and make purchases on Friday night, so I get free shipping for the rest of the weekend,

@Desertdi.  I know and use that trick often.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I won't buy from there anymore. Besides the outrageous shipping fees, you cannot return an item without hassle, and their selection is limited. Its like shopping on the bargain rack at Marshall's. 

@Effie54.  I love shopping at Zulily; I even love the anticipation of waiting for my orders.  I've gotten mostly shoes but have received some beautiful things for my house and patio too.  You have to forget how you shop other sites and take Zulily for what it is.  Their CS is superb.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

Ordered a pair of shoes, $30 and a container of pretzel bites, $7.29. Shipping for these two items is $16.94......I am done with them. This is a huge jump from what they have been charging.

@panda1234   The first item ordered, by itself with nothing else in the cart is $5.99, any other items are free THAT day.  You must have ordered them on different days.

Esteemed Contributor

I second about their excellent customer service:

Just last week I received a package of 4 glass tumblers; one had broken into shards, but 3 were perfect.

I emailed CS immediately with details about the order and delivery.

Within 1 hour they emailed back stating that I needn't return anything (I was going to keep the 3 glasses anyway), my credit card was credited the full amount and they put a credit in my Zulily account for the inconvenience.

That was speedy and excellent service for sure.  The credits showed up within hours.