Honored Contributor

Obviously the Queen having a cold IS international news.

A severe cold can lead to complications for the elderly and those with weakened immune systems. 

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

I was wondering if that was an excuse to keep them under security after what happened in Germany since they haven't captured the suspect(s).

@granny me

I thought the same thing about a possible threat. It was too sudden, and she had hosted the family lunch the day before. Then a day later, they DID go to Sandringham, after all, but by helicopter, not train. Glad all is well for now. 

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7

That's because the media has nothing better to do.  It's one thing if she was in critical condition laying in the hospital.  But, she wasn't.

Also, I'm sure she has the best health care possible.

Now - what would be international news is if the Queen had no health care or no means to pay for it. 

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Noel7

That's because the media has nothing better to do.  It's one thing if she was in critical condition laying in the hospital.  But, she wasn't.

Also, I'm sure she has the best health care possible.

Now - what would be international news is if the Queen had no health care or no means to pay for it. 

@Qshopper1991

You are entitled to your opinion, but the fact of the matter is that it DID make international news.

Another fact is that no matter how good your health care, the elderly and those with a weakened immune system can die of complications from a cold.