Respected Contributor

The Queen and Prince Phillip both have bad colds and unexpectedly cancelled their annual Christmas trip today. The English people are concerned because they are both in their 90s. Even a small illness could lead to something worse at their age.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

The Queen and Prince Phillip both have bad colds and unexpectedly cancelled their annual Christmas trip today. The English people are concerned because they are both in their 90s. Even a small illness could lead to something worse at their age.

They must really feel unwell. They are  both such troopers.  It is going to be a hard  blow for the  country, when they are gone

Esteemed Contributor

AT their ages it is easy for something that begins as a simple cold to morph into something life threatening.  HOpefully they will both recover quickly.

Honored Contributor

They keep a remarkably busy schedule for people their age.  She held a big luncheon at Buckingham Palace yesterday for members of the Royal Family not invited to Sandringham on Christmas Day.  Maybe she and Philip caught something then, or ate something bad?  We'll hope for the best.

Honored Contributor

At their ages, anything can turn into anything. The Queen is a great believer in homeopathy so hopefully they've been loading up on zinc and other remedies. From what we read, Prince Philip's health has been more shaky than the Queen's before this.

Wishing them both a speedy and full recovery.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I hope Queenie and Phillip have had their pneumonia shots. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I was wondering if that was an excuse to keep them under security after what happened in Germany since they haven't captured the suspect(s).

Respected Contributor

Just making conversation....I wonder what will be Camilla's title once Charles becomes king? I think her ex-husband is still alive. If he should pass then could she be queen?

Honored Contributor

Re: The Queen has a Cold

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Just making conversation....I wonder what will be Camilla's title once Charles becomes king? I think her ex-husband is still alive. If he should pass then could she be queen?

The palace has stated "Queen" won't be in her title (per her and Charles' wishes.)

Adding:  I think they try not to compete with Diana's memory.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate