Super Contributor

Lapis, Nabisco not only makes Oreos but they also make Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies, which is Oreo flavored wafers (only bigger and smooth) without the creme!!  You can google the name for more info and recipies. Not all grocers carry these and you have to really look for them. They are a slender sleeve of dark chocolate wafers. I use them to make the refridgerator cookie log cake with Cool Whip around the holidays(recipe is on the package back.) Its quick, simple, attractive, really good tasting.  The Famous Wafer chocolate tastes just like Oreo cookie chocolate. 

Respected Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I'd probably give them a try, just to see.  However, I wouldn't anticipate them ever being my favorite because for me, OREOS ARE FOR DUNKING! I actually preferred the old Hydrox cookies because they were more chocolatey and less sweet.  But alas, my favorites always get discontinued.

Did someone say Hydrox? Those cookies were the best. I also preferred them to Oreos.

Maybe the thinner Oreos will be more like Hydrox, though--one can hope!

Trusted Contributor
I can take anything in life but
DON'T MESS WITH MY OREOS!!!😥😥😥
Respected Contributor

I rarely buy oreos, but I'd never buy them with no filling.   I don't like the double stuff either.    The smores were good, peanut butter ok, I like the seasonal gingerbread ones the best.   Haven't tried any of the other flavors.   I don't twist them either,  dunk and eat together.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@foggy! wrote:

Lapis, Nabisco not only makes Oreos but they also make Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies, which is Oreo flavored wafers (only bigger and smooth) without the creme!!  You can google the name for more info and recipies. Not all grocers carry these and you have to really look for them. They are a slender sleeve of dark chocolate wafers. I use them to make the refridgerator cookie log cake with Cool Whip around the holidays(recipe is on the package back.) Its quick, simple, attractive, really good tasting.  The Famous Wafer chocolate tastes just like Oreo cookie chocolate. 

These are a favorite of mine.  The chocolate part tastes exactly like an Oreo cookie, but as you said it's smooth and thinner with no filling, so not as sweet.  I've eaten them plain mostly, but used to make the log cake when my girls were little. 

I used to like Hydrox as well, didn't know they were no longer available.  Too bad.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Thanks but no thanks.  Just give me the traditional Oreo.  What's good is an Oreo if you can't pull it apart and lick the cream filling?????