Honored Contributor

I find the original cookie too sweet.  The new ones sound good.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

The Smores Oreos were introduced to us recently and they are a downfall now.  Didn't realize you might microwave them... for even more yum factor.  They are SO wonderful... and they are a limited edition item, which is even more reason to stock up... or maybe not!

Are they still on shelves? I've been looking high and low and no luck. I have one package in the freezer to keep for more desperate days. I "need" more lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@halfpint wrote:

I don't know about the NEW ones but I finally bought the Smores. I couldn't find them when told they were at Target. I got off the elevator at Walmart and they were right in front of me. I couldn't see  the rage unti my son came over and he put them in the microwave for 15 seconds. I never had smores when younger; no camping etc.

I love the smores oreos. My Target store is completly out. I'm so bummed. 

I ate the whole package in 2 days LOL ...OMG they are good!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I wish they would sell the cookies with NO cream.  I always scrape the cream off and throw it away.

Valued Contributor

I'd probably give them a try, just to see.  However, I wouldn't anticipate them ever being my favorite because for me, OREOS ARE FOR DUNKING! I actually preferred the old Hydrox cookies because they were more chocolatey and less sweet.  But alas, my favorites always get discontinued.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Valued Contributor

As with any product, some will be happy with the change and others will not.  I personally think they are taking a huge chance on changing perfection.  Think about the years of memories most of us have of eating Oreos.  I still love my Oreos.  I personally split mine open and eat the cream first.  As one person so wisely stated, we can now eat the entire bag with fewer calories.  Of course, I never realized they had any calories.  The bottom dollar constitutes many changes in major corporation's products and as our candy bars get smaller it seems our cookies will as well.  I have not noticed my good for you foods such as carrots shrinking in size.  Smiley Surprised

Valued Contributor

I'll bet they have fewer ounces per package for the same price. too! Smiley Frustrated

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Super Contributor

I'm looking forward to trying them.  Thanks for telling us about them.  I prefer the cookie part to the filling.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

When I indulge, I want to indulge.  Make mine either double stuffed or regular but covered in chocolate.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I'll bet they have fewer ounces per package for the same price. too! Smiley Frustrated

you know it.................I dunno, they kinda look like someone sat on them.........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo