Respected Contributor

Oh please as always some of you make remarks implying that people who watch Fox don't get that certain shows are just entertainment. And when someone calls you on it you act all surprised and with indignation. The only reason you take offense is because I am right.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 RetRN said:

FOX has the best and the brightest on board. The ratings tell the story. Outnumbered is another one of their great programs. Smart people that tackle the real issues. Hopefully, more young people are tuning in and will vote in 2016 so that we can try to turn this mess around.

Yep...that is why their ratings remain tops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Caravaggio said:

Oh please as always some of you make remarks implying that people who watch Fox don't get that certain shows are just entertainment. And when someone calls you on it you act all surprised and with indignation. The only reason you take offense is because I am right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/9/2015 RetRN said:

FOX has the best and the brightest on board. The ratings tell the story. Outnumbered is another one of their great programs. Smart people that tackle the real issues. Hopefully, more young people are tuning in and will vote in 2016 so that we can try to turn this mess around.

Latest demographic is that the average age of F@X viewers is now 68... up from 66 a couple of years ago. That's where the ratings come from, and the viewer demographics is not nearly as diverse as other channels either. Leaves a lot of people out of the equation.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 RetRN said:

That's your opinion.

Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 kittymomNC said:

Why do people get so bent out of shape just because others have differing opinions? Maybe some of you didn't see the gosh-awful comments that were made about MSNBC people when there was a discussion of who would take over Meet the Press the first time, or the second time for that matter. That got really bad (and since it's on NBC, we know what that means).

The pendulum swings both ways... Wink

Indeed it does.

I don't watch Fox because I don't agree with their philosophy. Much like others don't watch MSNBC. It is natural to gravitate to a place where you feel comfortable.

It is ridiculous to argue about "fair and balanced". Both networks program as per their viewing audience. Fox to the conservative R and MSNBC to the liberal D. To argue that is not true is an exercise in the ridiculous.

these threads start up with the intention of causing strife and they never fail to deliver. They start with insults about the different newscasters and always, always end up with posters insulting one another. Meanwhile the OP sits back and enjoys yet another trainwreck.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 croemer said:

Why do people get so bent out of shape just because others have differing opinions? Maybe some of you didn't see the gosh-awful comments that were made about MSNBC people when there was a discussion of who would take over Meet the Press the first time, or the second time for that matter. That got really bad (and since it's on NBC, we know what that means).

The pendulum swings both ways... Wink

Uh...huh...it does go both ways...that getting bent out of shape.

Why would you think I'm "bent out of shape"? I even gave Megyn Kelly a compliment! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I haven't seen any libs here making snarky comments about other posters, their comments are directed toward the topic of this thread.

My comment was directed at terrier's post so why did you respond if you felt your comment was not personal?

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Lucibee said:

Caravaggio, may I say I enjoy your postings. I like Fox News and Fox Business and I don't care who knows it. I also watch other networks. I don't get it, if someone doesn't like Fox don't watch it. Easy.

I have been told to "have an open mind" and watch it so I will get varying viewpoints. So which is it, should we watch it or not? I do, because I do have an open mind and I may not like a lot of it, but it gives me a lot of insight as to how other people think. Nothing wrong with a little education... and that goes both ways too. I would bet it's a minuscule number of F@X viewers who ever watch MSNBC - at least that's my thought since so many here say they would NEVER watch that channel.

It's not just your hunch - it's true that very few regular Fox viewers who consider themselves to be conservative watch any other news station.

People who characterize themselves as independent or progressive do watch ALL news sources more frequently.

It's been in many studies over the years - and getting more pronounced as the Fox viewers get older.

Nielsen ratings does cross tab information to show overlap. There is very little among consistent Fox viewers and ANY other source of news - digital, radio, newspaper or TV. Just buy Fox and you efficiently reach conservative, older people.

Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 croemer said:
On 1/9/2015 Lucibee said:

Caravaggio, may I say I enjoy your postings. I like Fox News and Fox Business and I don't care who knows it. I also watch other networks. I don't get it, if someone doesn't like Fox don't watch it. Easy.

Agree with your whole post Lucibee.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor
On 1/9/2015 brii said:

Since I don't have Fox right now, I've been switching back and forth between CNN and MSNBC.

Anderson Cooper won. I cannot watch Jose Diaz-Balart. I tried. I really did. LOL

I can watch very few MSNBC shows and I am extremely liberal. Chris Matthews makes no sense and doesn't allow anyone (even people he agrees with) to talk. When it comes to international stories, I think CNN can do a good job. Whenever I've turned to Fox, someone is screaming and they have an obvious agenda. I've caught the Five a couple of times and it's just a circus as is MSNBC's The Cycle. I like watching Steve Kornacki on MSNBC Saturday and Sunday mornings because they have in depth discussions without shouting.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.