Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/9/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 1/9/2015 Lucibee said:

Caravaggio, may I say I enjoy your postings. I like Fox News and Fox Business and I don't care who knows it. I also watch other networks. I don't get it, if someone doesn't like Fox don't watch it. Easy.

I have been told to "have an open mind" and watch it so I will get varying viewpoints. So which is it, should we watch it or not? I do, because I do have an open mind and I may not like a lot of it, but it gives me a lot of insight as to how other people think. Nothing wrong with a little education... and that goes both ways too. I would bet it's a minuscule number of F@X viewers who ever watch MSNBC - at least that's my thought since so many here say they would NEVER watch that channel.

It's not just your hunch - it's true that very few regular Fox viewers who consider themselves to be conservative watch any other news station.

People who characterize themselves as independent or progressive do watch ALL news sources more frequently.

It's been in many studies over the years - and getting more pronounced as the Fox viewers get older.

Oh do tell considering I am way under 60 and I am in no way considered by friends or family to be a conservative Republican. But I watch Fox and other stations.

And again terrier just because you say something over and over does not make it fact by any stretch of the imagination.

Honored Contributor

When there are straight news stories (as opposed to opinion stories) like the story unfolding on TV now - CNN wins most demos (except 65+).

I watched the F&Friends hosts this AM - they were totally unwatchable and out of their league.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Caravaggio said:

Oh do tell considering I am way under 60 and I am in no way considered by friends or family to be a conservative Republican. But I watch Fox and other stations.

And again terrier just because you say something over and over does not make it fact by any stretch of the imagination.

Check out TVbythe numbers.com.

It is the analysis of national Nielsen TV ratings - cable, broadcast - entertainment and news.

I'm not stating my OPINION - but facts based on on-going research.

You said you watch Fox and other stations and don't characterize yourself as conservative.

You proved my point - that is based on Nielsen research. People who are independent and progressive get their news from more sources than conservatives. They watch all types of news programs.

Conservatives respond in national surveys by saying they get the vast majority of their news from Fox.

Trusted Contributor

I think studies can be found to "back up" most any opinion on anything. It's so important to know who is conducting the study.

For instance, a study a few years ago found "People who watch no news at all can answer more questions about international current events than people who watch cable news."

Another study reported that "People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category."

It all depends on who is conducting the polls/surveys as they can be biased as well. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 adelle38 said:
On 1/9/2015 brii said:

Since I don't have Fox right now, I've been switching back and forth between CNN and MSNBC.

Anderson Cooper won. I cannot watch Jose Diaz-Balart. I tried. I really did. LOL

I can watch very few MSNBC shows and I am extremely liberal. Chris Matthews makes no sense and doesn't allow anyone (even people he agrees with) to talk. When it comes to international stories, I think CNN can do a good job. Whenever I've turned to Fox, someone is screaming and they have an obvious agenda. I've caught the Five a couple of times and it's just a circus as is MSNBC's The Cycle. I like watching Steve Kornacki on MSNBC Saturday and Sunday mornings because they have in depth discussions without shouting.

Screaming? Rarely...and why is there no screaming on MSNBC and CNN...they will have no conservative on...or they will have 1 conservative to 3 liberals. The conservatives have no chance. FOX at least has liberal's on air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Bill Hammer and Martha are excellent. So is Jenna Lee. Is she back yet?

I find on all 3 stations there are watchable and unmatchable people.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/9/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/9/2015 croemer said:

Why do people get so bent out of shape just because others have differing opinions? Maybe some of you didn't see the gosh-awful comments that were made about MSNBC people when there was a discussion of who would take over Meet the Press the first time, or the second time for that matter. That got really bad (and since it's on NBC, we know what that means).

The pendulum swings both ways... Wink

Uh...huh...it does go both ways...that getting bent out of shape.

Why would you think I'm "bent out of shape"? I even gave Megyn Kelly a compliment! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I haven't seen any libs here making snarky comments about other posters, their comments are directed toward the topic of this thread.

My comment was directed at terrier's post so why did you respond if you felt your comment was not personal?

Sorry, but the post I'm referring to was directed to the general "peanut gallery" here who disagrees with you. Where did you direct it to terrier?

Well thank goodness we have you experts to steer us straight on Fox since we are so clueless and need your input to get through our tv viewing. I know I can rest easy now that the peanut gallery has spoken.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 madzonie said:

I think studies can be found to "back up" most any opinion on anything. It's so important to know who is conducting the study.

For instance, a study a few years ago found "People who watch no news at all can answer more questions about international current events than people who watch cable news."

Another study reported that "People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category."

It all depends on who is conducting the polls/surveys as they can be biased as well. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh yes one really needs to know who is conducting those polls and survey's and how they word them to get the results they want.

Respected Contributor
On 1/9/2015 terrier3 said:

When there are straight news stories (as opposed to opinion stories) like the story unfolding on TV now - CNN wins most demos (except 65+).

I watched the F&Friends hosts this AM - they were totally unwatchable and out of their league.

That is your opinion but you again state it as if it is fact. CNN news reporting is fodder for the late night host.

Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 brii said:

Bill Hammer and Martha are excellent. So is Jenna Lee. Is she back yet?

I find on all 3 stations there are watchable and unmatchable people.

I believe this past week she came back...only seen her once though.