Esteemed Contributor

Yes, crickets may churp, roosters may crow, but I very highly doubt that animals will go crazy.

It won't get dark as 2 o'clock in the morning.

I've seen full solar eclipses, and it has never gotten pitch dark.

Honored Contributor

No interest here, either.  But it's certainly been getting plenty of hype for the last couple of months.  For those who are interested....enjoy!   Be safe with your eyes!  

Honored Contributor

I seem to remember one when I was a kid in the '50s.  What amazes me is that people travel and spend hundreds of dollars for what is really about a 10 minute event when it's a complete eclipse.  Doesn't seem worth the time, trouble or money to me but whatever makes you happy!

Super Contributor

I live in a rural area of Texas where it will not be total, but about 75%. Must say, I must not have paid much attention to the last one in the late '70's, but, of course, we didn't have media coverage back then like we do today. To those who weren't around back then and can be in an area of it's path, it should be an interesting event.

Since I live out in the country, I get to enjoy the night sky every night - the millions of stars look like twinkling diamonds on a dark night. And then when the moon is full - simply amazing!   

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Eclipse

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

**Struts in wearing her Eclipse t-shirt and glasses.**

Y'all are a bunch of nerds.  Smiley Happy

@Mellie32...well, I'm "strutting" right beside ya with solar glasses and t-shirts from both South Carolina (since I live here) and one from GEORGIA (which is just 10 minutes from me and where I was born and raised)....Got to have the Georgia t shirt that says...

"THE DAY THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA"..lol, I love it.  (Remember the song, "The Night the lights went out in Georgia"?????  These T-shirts say "DAY" instead.....CUTE.

I am sure that those of us in the path of totality are more excited than those who are not.  But, I would never travel that far....I am glad it will be here in our own back door.  However, watching it on TV would be a great experience for those that will not be in the path and I do hope that they at least watch it and enjoy the experience.  Might not be the same as some of us....but, nonetheless, it's a once in a lifetime experience.  

KEEP YOUR SOLAR GLASSES ON AT ALL TIMES AND BE SAFE.

Image result for animated shaking my booty
Honored Contributor

Lots of people taking vacation on Monday because of the eclipse.  It's not a big deal to me.We'll have 80% coverage.

Respected Contributor

I think it's fun and interesting.  I live in northern KY so we will get 95% eclipse.   I won't get to see it because all the NASA solar glasses have long since been sold out. 

Honored Contributor

I, who was never a science girl in school, certainly appreciate the "science of it all".  I mean, it's a really cool thing.

But all the hoopla surrounding the eclipse is why I don't care for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas anymore. Soooooo much advance hype, so much hoopla, so overdone, that by the time the event or holiday finally gets here, I'm totally over it. 

We plan to watch the coverage on tv and I don't want to miss that and won't because I don't want to be out that afternoon, stuck in traffic, with everyone else. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

99 percent darkness -- in the path -- college campus at work 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau