Respected Contributor

How many times do you just click and ship or call and order just because?

There's also clicking and calling then cancelling, how much of that do you do?

Of course, Q related.

Frequent Contributor

Not very often.  I put the item on my wish list and take another look at it later in the day. I go through my wish list every now and then and end up deleting things.  I always ask myself if I "need" or "want" the item before I buy anything.

It's the little things.
Honored Contributor

I cancel if I find the item at a better price, or for free shipping. I'm pretty good about not impulse buying, but a few times I've bee a little quick on the trigger, and after some thought , I will cancel, but this is rare.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling

Rarely; I'm not an impulse shopper. I also wait for good deals and walk away when the price is too high.

I rarely cancel; I know if I want something before I order.

Respected Contributor

I don't do this anymore. My birthday is coming up so I've been weighing my options regarding a gift for myself and just bit the bullet last week. 

I lost a 14K diamond cut rolo bracelet in March that I've had since 2009. I can't afford to replace it since at over 10 grams it will cost about $800-$1000. So, I got a much more affordable bracelet. I'm paying for it with my cash back rebates from over a year ago. I just got it today. It's really beautiful. It's a different style so it won't replace my old one.

It feels amazing not to purchase anything for a long time and then receive something you will treasure and truly appreciate. The problem with conspicuous consumption is that the high comes from continuous buying; you never really get to enjoy or appreciate what you have. 

I learned my lesson so I ordered a 14K safety chain from eBay.  I really miss my bracelet and hopefully one day I can replace it. It was so beautiful. But that's not a priority so it has to wait.

~Live with Intention~
Frequent Contributor

I tend to do alot of research, before I purchase anything,.. but,.. I am guilty of some deal of the day sale prices ( after much heavy thought first lol ) .  David can be mighty convincing  xD

Super Contributor

Usually, the only time I've ordered then cancelled before the item has shipped is when I've ordered an "advance order" item and found something I liked better in the mean time. Oh! . . . .and the two or three times I somehow managed to speed buy something on line when I was falling asleep while reviewing items recently on air. Seriously. Just glad I caught it in time. Although one time I did have to call CS to remove an easy pay charge on one cancelled item that somehow slipped through to my credit card. They were great about it.

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

Back when shopping channels only let you order while the item was being shown, I made some impulse purchases. I have cancelled the Harry London Christmas chocolates two years in a row.  They looked so yummy on the air, but we already have so much candy at Christmas that I knew we didn't need more.

Honored Contributor

In general, not QVC-related, I was a terrible in-person impulse buyer whe I was young. I grew out of that once I hit 40.

QVC-wise, I can't say I never impulse buy, but it's rare for me. And even when I do, it's not something that sits in the box unused - the impulse might be off the wall, but my need/desire for the item isn't. But I don't shop QVC daily, weekly or even monthly - I seem to buy in "clumps" and then maybe not for months.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

In general, rarely. Specifically to QVC, never. In fact, I just placed my first order in probably 3 years yesterday with the free shipping and handling deal on all beauty products. I got a couple of Bobbi Brown items that Nordstrom is either backordered or out of stock on. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~