Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Photoshop?  Smiley Happy

Nothing wrong with a $50 cake if it is a really good cake.   I've spent more than that for Smith Island cakes (I blame shoekitty for that!). '

Generally, Junior's makes pretty good products.   Their lemon coconut cheesecake cake is really wonderful if you like lemon and coconut.  But I believe that QVC stopped selling it.   Last I saw, Junior's still had it, direct, though.

I just looked up these Smith Island Cakes. Oh my goodness I am definitely going to order one of these cakes, they look amazing @chickenbutt and @shoekitty!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

The Lemon Coconut one I got was Juniors but not cheesecake ,just a reg white cake.

Soooooo good..............

Honored Contributor

Irshgrl31201 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Photoshop?  Smiley Happy

Nothing wrong with a $50 cake if it is a really good cake.   I've spent more than that for Smith Island cakes (I blame shoekitty for that!). '

Generally, Junior's makes pretty good products.   Their lemon coconut cheesecake cake is really wonderful if you like lemon and coconut.  But I believe that QVC stopped selling it.   Last I saw, Junior's still had it, direct, though.

I just looked up these Smith Island Cakes. Oh my goodness I am definitely going to order one of these cakes, they look amazing @chickenbutt and @shoekitty!

They are just beyond!  I've had the coconut, lemon, banana, and that's all I can remember.  Shoekitty has had more of the choices, so maybe she will chime in.  

As for price - Geez, I remember holding a birthday party, probably some 35 years ago (I know that it was somewhere after 1980 and before 1984) and I ordered a quarter sheet from a very highly regarded bakery.  It was well over $100 back then!   It was amazing, too.

Honored Contributor

I did not order,but let me say it sure is still on mind.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Photoshop?  Smiley Happy

They are just beyond!  I've had the coconut, lemon, banana, and that's all I can remember.  Shoekitty has had more of the choices, so maybe she will chime in.  

As for price - Geez, I remember holding a birthday party, probably some 35 years ago (I know that it was somewhere after 1980 and before 1984) and I ordered a quarter sheet from a very highly regarded bakery.  It was well over $100 back then!   It was amazing, too.

The Smith Island Cakes look scrumptious !!!