Honored Contributor
I was given a prime membership for Christmas by DD. Best gift ever. I already buy on Amazon a lot if things like vitamins and things DH needs for his health issues....and usually shipping isn’t too bad, just slow. Love Prime! I thought music was included but Alexa told me no. Alexas has been getting on my last nerve...
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess : There is a lot of music that IS included with Prime but if you want everything (ever made?) it does cost like $15 mthly (outrageous). We do just fine with the free version.  We particularly like Ocean Sounds and Rain Sounds.

Super Contributor
Thanks to Amazon Prime I was able to have Xmas packages to everyone in my family. I am still waiting for two from usps. I am not blaming them but I was happy to have Amazon Prime available as I don’t shop the stores much these days
Super Contributor

Ahh, a conspiracy theorist?! Comparison shopping is what drives price competition. While you at the comparison, I've recently gotten 2 separate Walmart deliveries same day as ordered. 

Super Contributor

They're building a huge warehouse down by the airport which is less than 10 minutes from me, can't wait as my one day delivery should turn into same day once completed.

Yes, I have prime but I use it...a lot.  Not only for deliveries but their TV, and I read many of their prime reading books.  In the last two weeks I've put in six separate orders alone so it is a great buy for us. 

Honored Contributor

I just checked our account - 221 orders in 2020. Smiley Surprised  

We renew our Prime on Veterans Day - they offer a special that day for active duty/veterans.  I want to say that last year it was $79 instead of $119 to renew.

We love Prime Video, Unlimited Music, Kindle Unlimited.  So much more than fast shipping.  But yes, we are lucky to live near a hub - most items arrive same day or next day.  (I do not order from 3rd party vendors ever).

Regular Contributor

Don't laugh at me Smiley LOL- I do get shipping free!  I have an Amazon credit card that I only use for purchases on Amazon and with that credit card I do not pay for Amazon Prime.  I pay it off each month so I don't pay any interest.  The best of both worlds!!

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

All's I can say is, I had a hot cup of coffee because of Amazon this morning so I'm a happy camper! Friday our coffee maker died.  Amazon had our new one on our porch Sunday.  There are some things I wouldn't buy on Amazon but it sure came in handy for this and for some things we have needed during covid since we weren't frequenting stores. I just got Prime last year so, at least for this year, it has more than paid for itself in several ways.

I still buy from QVC and have never had a problem with them.  I know to allow about 5 to 10 days so I just plan on that and order accordingly.    

Respected Contributor

I use Amazon for most of my shopping during the pandemic so I connsider my membership a great investment. My favorite is Amazon Fresh so that I do not have to go to the grocery store and deal with those who don't want to follow guidelines. Their food is of high quality and prices are the same or lower than at the supermarket. Amazon has been a lifesaver during these trying times and I appreciate their services and ease of returns if necessary. I drop something off to return at UPS and by the time I get home from the 10 minute drive, my account is credited.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I think that $10 a month is a bargain for all that I get from my Prime membership.