Respected Contributor

@millieshops  I don't see where the OP was trying to compare Amazon to the Q.  Simply expressing her pleasure of getting items so fast.  Yes, Amazon is a much larger company, and a great deal of that is due to availability of products, range of products, and fast shipping.  Yes people pay for Prime, but if you're like us we get so much by being Prime members.  Fast shipping with no additional charges, Prime video and music.  

I also believe the OP has every right to post about good service on the Q site.  Many people comment on other retailers and if they had good or bad service.  No one seems to complain. 

Honored Contributor

Sure Amazon is good in a pinch but with our local stores dying a slow death I always try my local stores and give them my business instead of big corporate Amazon. JMO

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I love it when that happens.  I order with Prime expecting 48 hour delivery and it arrives that day!  Sometimes the day after.  I'm definitely addicted to Amazon Prime.

Honored Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'd also note that Amazon has solid Customer Service. They're pleasant, accommodating and one doesn't tend to have to turn cartwheels to reach them...

Can you tell me how to get to a live person on Customer Service?  I can't seem to find how to do that.

TIA!

@arrabella  Admittedly, they tend to hide the options for contacting them.  Go to 'help' then 'need more help', which should lead you to a choice of "Start Chatting", "Amazon Assistant' or "Need help over the phone, we can call you now". Usually, from there you can pick a choice and follow the prompts. You often have to select why you are contacting them or what item you are contacting them about, so they hook you up to the right person. It's also very easy to get a live chat and then ask the live chat person to have someone call you. I believe the Amazon Assistant bot will do so as well.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@songbird You probably have shampooed, conditioned and styled before someone else could process your order.  Good for you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

I'd guess those who are getting same day delivery from Amazon are truly the exception. I've never had it happen and, in fact, while I think they generally do a good job of delivery, I've only occasionally received truly rapid fire delivery. It's almost always several days for me.

I would also add that for some of us instant gratification or 'addiction' to super fast delivery is not the draw. I think we do like knowing that delivery will be reasonably quick and that items sent tend to be the correct items, are in good shape and that returns, if necessary, are not onerous. I suspect many of us, whether we are Prime or not, also find shipping costs and 'minimums' for free shipping to be more reasonable than some other retailers. Speaking for myself, I am not fixated on receiving ordered items in the blink of an eye, but neither do I enjoy waiting for them for weeks or, in some cases, a month, all the time wondering if a package has gone MIA and that I'll somehow have to resolve the problem, which too often presents its own set of hurdles...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I use Amazon on occasion and am not a prime member. I have never paid shipping charges. Amazon gives you a choice on items where you can choose a later date to receive your items. I have never been in a hurry so this works for me.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I just checked .... I've made 37 orders in just the last 3 months!

-----------------------------

@Spurt wrote:

Amazon customers---- remember you are paying $119 a year for that service.....and financial folks said you have to have at least 32 orders a year to make it worthwhile....unless you also enjoy utilizing their Prime Membership "perks" such as streaming and music service that comes with it....

But comparing a retail store like Qurate that only does retail with Amazon thats involved in all kinds of businesses---retail, IT, grocery biz, medical insurance, banking, pharmacuticals etc etc is like comparing apples to oranges....

And after Amazon completes the purchase of those 100,000 electric delivery vehicles which is currently in progress, Im sure they'll be passing the increased expense to Prime Members......

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I too ordered from Amazon this morning.

I ordered bed sheets at 6:45, and by 6:46, they were in my hands!

Now that is super fast delivery! 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄

I'm looking to purchase 100% cotton sheetsets - full - wrinkle resistant - under $80. Which brand did u purchase? All my sheetsets from the Q are northern nights - and I paid around $50 to $60/set. Now - QVC doesn't carry these beautiful sheets. It's for my guest rooms.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I too ordered from Amazon this morning.

I ordered bed sheets at 6:45, and by 6:46, they were in my hands!

Now that is super fast delivery! 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄

Were they waiting outside your door for you to order the sheets??