Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I'd also note that Amazon has solid Customer Service. They're pleasant, accommodating and one doesn't tend to have to turn cartwheels to reach them...

Can you tell me how to get to a live person on Customer Service?  I can't seem to find how to do that.

TIA!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Amazon customers---- remember you are paying $119 a year for that service.....and financial folks said you have to have at least 32 orders a year to make it worthwhile....unless you also enjoy utilizing their Prime Membership "perks" such as streaming and music service that comes with it....

But comparing a retail store like Qurate that only does retail with Amazon thats involved in all kinds of businesses---retail, IT, grocery biz, medical insurance, banking, pharmacuticals etc etc is like comparing apples to oranges....

And after Amazon completes the purchase of those 100,000 electric delivery vehicles which is currently in progress, Im sure they'll be passing the increased expense to Prime Members......

@Spurt 

I completely agree and would never pay for free shipping anywhere.  

I got prime years years ago for the streaming TV/movies after I cut cable TV.  It is more than worth what I pay for those services. The free & fast shipping is a nice perk but I’d pay this much for the streaming alone. I used to pay this much per month! 

Esteemed Contributor

If only they would not treat their employees like robots.  No wonder you get your items so quickly.

Honored Contributor

Was anyone actually comparing Amazon to QVC? I think the OP was just happy with her very fast delivery.

We talk about much more than just QVC here all the time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Was anyone actually comparing Amazon to QVC? I think the OP was just happy with her very fast delivery.

We talk about much more than just QVC here all the time.

@suzyQ3 

I agree.

I can’t imagine anyone comparing the two companies. They aren’t really in the same league, so to speak. 

Respected Contributor

I do item comparisons on Amazon just like I do everywhere else.  If they have the best deal, I purchase.  Even with free ship they aren't always the best.  I am never in a big hurry to receive whatever I order, so the same or next day is no big deal for me.  I really don't understand signing up for prime.  I live rural, and I always get free ship and quick delivery.  I ordered yesterday and my order is out for delivery today.  On a holiday! 

Frequent Contributor

I think QVC takes advantage of it's shoppers when it comes to the prices of shipping.  Buying and returns.  It must make a fortune charging $6.95 or more to return items.  If I can find the same or similar item from Amazon I purchase it there instead of QVC even if I have to spend a little more. I get the item from Amazon within a couple of days instead of sometimes weeks from QVC. I got tired of receiving used, over priced and sub quality items from QVC.  

Esteemed Contributor

What no body yet has mentioned: Amazon returns are very easy and frequently my account is credited within a half hour.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch i know how amazon started.  Used them frequently when they were just books and still turn to them for the few books not available via my library taxes. Probably one of the saddest investment decisions I ever made was to ignore Amazon’s stock when it was more affordable.

i do know QVC has gone through a tough year, but it’s near more random than the forums would lead me to believe if I didn’t have personal experience.  My own success lets me understand why thousands of items still sell almost every time I surf into the broadcast.

But I do know retail has changed.  I do know local retail is in major trouble.  I personally will be fine because I want so little, and need even less than I might want.  Nevertheless, the loss of local retail and the support it historically has given to sports and school groups as well as the commercial support of most local tax bases will have repercussions I haven’t seen mentioned here at all.

On the positive side, there are people making money hand over fist -  perhaps lots of them will follow the examples of the generous philanthropists among us

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

I always get super service! Very happy with all my subscriptions and regular orders.  The microwave I recently bought I ordered at 7AM and it was delivered at 4PM the same day!

AmAAZING AMAZON❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️