Honored Contributor

Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

I ordered Biolage shampoo and a bottle of their conditioner at 7:00 this morning.  Because I ran out of both.  I now have both in my hand.  That's how fast this delivery was. And on a holiday too.

Honored Contributor

That's good service!  Do you live near a Whole Foods store or Amazon warehouse?

Honored Contributor

@songbird I do understand that lots of people want or need super fast delivery and Amazon can do that.

What I don't understand is why people keep comparing Amazon and QVC when Amazon is worth well over 110X what QVC is -  and even then does not make  the majority of its profit from selling and shipping products to us.

Why not compliment Amazon on its own website?  Doing it here shouts of a hidden agenda.

Esteemed Contributor

A BF, who is keeping the birthday secret, took delivery yesterday, Sunday, of part 1 of 2 part gift.  No double shipping charge either.

Esteemed Contributor

I too ordered from Amazon this morning.

I ordered bed sheets at 6:45, and by 6:46, they were in my hands!

Now that is super fast delivery! 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄 😆 😋 😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

Although I've never seen it anywhere near me, I heard there is a warehouse not too far from me.  This the fastest Amazon acted.  It's like I said jump and Amazon jumped.

And I do compliment them (and criticize them) with responses to my orders.   The only purpose of Amazon all is that it will bring goods to people the fastest way possible.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, Amazon

[ Edited ]

Amazon customers---- remember you are paying $119 a year for that service.....and financial folks said you have to have at least 32 orders a year to make it worthwhile....unless you also enjoy utilizing their Prime Membership "perks" such as streaming and music service that comes with it....

But comparing a retail store like Qurate that only does retail with Amazon thats involved in all kinds of businesses---retail, IT, grocery biz, medical insurance, banking, pharmacuticals etc etc is like comparing apples to oranges....

And after Amazon completes the purchase of those 100,000 electric delivery vehicles which is currently in progress, Im sure they'll be passing the increased expense to Prime Members......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I've been satisfied with Amazon the few times I've ordered, but I don't use it that often to sign up for Prime membership. I also don't use streaming services, so it would be a waste of money for me to join.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I've been a Prime member since the beginning; as I'm rural I buy ALOT from them ( minimum 300 orders a year) and we watch Prime sometimes.  I've saved way more than the annual fee in gasoline savings ( not to mention my time).  We also have multiple Amazon devices ( Fire tablets plus a full range of Echo devices) and we stream their (free)music during meal prep and all night. I love Amazon!

Honored Contributor

I totally and wholeheartedly agree with Spurt and I know we've had this discussion before about all this.  I laugh when people talk about the "free shipping" from Amazon when in fact you are prepaying for your s/h by paying for Prime.  

The other thing is, you really, really have to watch fake products on Amazon, even those fulfilled by Amazon.