Regular Contributor

Re: Thank You, QVC, For Making Me Shop Elsewhere

Don't forget to check Amazon as they have free return shipping on clothes and shoes. I just checked for the Spenco TSV and they don't have the exact pattern they have the same style for $2 less. I actually didn't like the pattern. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@magicmoodz 

I also thought of Zappos, but I think their prices are unusually high...if they have sales I have missed them.

As far as Nordstrom’s goes, for about two years I have not been able to find brands/sizes I have been looking for? 

Would love to be a a patron of both of these businesses, and I often check their sites. I’m sorry to say that it appears that Nordstrom was financially hurt by their liberal return policy (read this once on their site.)

@LTT1 

There is always a caveat, isn't there?

I am really happy you found exactly what you were looking for at a much better price by shopping at a b&m store. I almost exclusively shop this way. It saddens me to see stores shuttered up having lost out to internet sales.

I firmly believe one day shopping online might be our only option and those online retailers will charge whatever they %#&? well please, because competition will virtually be nonexistent (with everything owned by the likes of an Amazon). And the onous is on us!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee 

I’m happy for you!

I also feel compelled to add...

which store does not charge s/h costs on returns?

Haven’t heard of any...

@LTT1, most stores charge for s/h on a return if they charge s/h to send it to you.  Even if the s/h to you is free, there is often a return charge.  

And I don't know of any store other than HSN that refunds original s/h.  

evine returned mine the other day. i was pleasantly pleased.

Respected Contributor

It's called shopping for a reason, shop around! There are many great deals to have online, but you have to shop for coupons or have the  apps that show you all the coupons etc, QVC is not always the best deal out there. 

I have whittled the credit card I used strictly for QVC down to just one more payment. I don't shop there alot anymore. There are times that  a product bundle is available at QVC that makes sense, then I might purchase. I cannot remember the last time I bought a TSV! My clothing taste has changed and QVC no longer carries my basic tees that I loved so much! 

I guess I have moved on to other places!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Von Maur has free shipping and free returns.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee 

I’m happy for you!

Haven’t heard of any...

Nordstrom’s and amazon are the two I can recall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

Really????  I always wonder why people feel the need to post 1) they are leaving the boards OR 2) no longer shopping QVC?

Do they need validation or approval from others -- geez just go!

Many of us have moved on to other retailers (me included)-- I'm sure Q "powers that be" don't really care because they are not interested in the customer anymore as everyone can see from many posters!  Or just take a look at the programming -- repetitive, overpriced & boring!

@homedecor1   Really?  I did neither of those things.  I shopped elsewhere for Skechers - period.  Please read posts more carefully before you decide to diss the poster.  Geez right back at you.

Honored Contributor

And another thing I forgot in my first post - the Skechers "bags" are so cool!  The clerk put each pair of my shoes in a different "bag" which is actually a nylon backpack (quite large) that closes with a drawstring and says Skechers on it.  Being nylon, of course they are reuseable and quite useful too!   I can see me using one of those at arts and crafts shows I go to this summer so I can put purchases into a very lightweight backpack and be hands free.   

This was another advantage of shopping there for my Skechers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just now received an email from Skechers. Because I completed my online Profile in my account with them, I get 20% off my next purchase online or in-store.  Whoohoo!  This is getting better and better.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee 

I’m happy for you!

Haven’t heard of any...

Lots of places have free returns!

Barneys

Zappo's

Macy's

Neiman Marcus

Sephora

Many more than this!