Honored Contributor

Re: Texting Has Deadly Consequences

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt  I don't see Houston or Harris Co. on your list.  Of all the places that need it.... 

I can't even text while the car is not running.  I don't know how people do it on those tiny keyboards.  I guess some aren't very good at it. 

@Kachina624

Well Kachina...there ya go....that's H town for ya ......Woman Wink  And yes with all the traffic congestion and problems that the've become famous for you'd think that they'd be one of the first cities to pass a law!!!!  But well....that arent exactly known as a city with common sense....

A relative lives up in the northeast....and he said his friends are selling their home and moving to Houston to be near their grandchildren.....he tried to warn them, move anywhere in Texas, but Houston and tried to tell them of all the pitfalls...I'm wondering how long before they move back up north....Woman LOL

But your right after this tragic accident, which was given national attention, I bet the current governor finally gets a State law passed.....Personally it just amazes me how people can't stay away from their phones for even a brief period of time -----can't they wait until they arrive at their destination before they start texting....!!!!  

Don't count on it.  The Texas legislature is 'bat sh!t crazy'.

@Bridgegal

Yep you may be right that bunch in Austin is a bit batty and I'm not talking about the mammals under the Congress Ave bridge either.... they have a bit more sense .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I wish there could be funds to make everybody have a little thing installed in their car, before they could renew their registration the next time, that precludes phone use while the car is operating.

If you need to use the phone, pull over, turn off the car, and use the phone. Simple.     People got along very well for centuries without having a phone stuck to their hand 24/7/365.

I'm not against technology, of course.  I enjoy technology as much as the next chicken.  But there are times when priority needs to go to other tasks.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Suziepeach

LOL!!! Isn't it amazing---especially that guy on a Harley---there are so many accidents on those things without the phone!!!! 

Since we passed that law it's almost comical to see the efforts that people  go through to try to hide the fact that they are texting.....they would save themselves the effort and time if they just pulled over and texted to their hearts content while their vehicle is parked!!! 

Your so right--Instead of technology bringing out the best in people, it's highlighted the utmost in stupidity for some! 

@Spurt, we were on I40 and I guess he thought no one would notice him texting on a Harley.  Plus it was a big game day and traffic was moving in all lanes.  I guess I just don't get it or maybe have way too much common sense?

Amen to pulling over and texting to their hearts content!!  But oh NO that's way too much to ask so instead they jeopardize each and everyone of us and themselves.  You see those no texting billboards, over the road billboards and they pay no mind.  What a darn shame people become so self involved they forget and then when least expected, you know.

Our laws really need to be made much stricter and the fines much higher, in all our states. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Smoky wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Suziepeach

LOL!!! Isn't it amazing---especially that guy on a Harley---there are so many accidents on those things without the phone!!!! 

Since we passed that law it's almost comical to see the efforts that people  go through to try to hide the fact that they are texting.....they would save themselves the effort and time if they just pulled over and texted to their hearts content while their vehicle is parked!!! 

Your so right--Instead of technology bringing out the best in people, it's highlighted the utmost in stupidity for some! 

@Spurt, we were on I40 and I guess he thought no one would notice him texting on a Harley.  Plus it was a big game day and traffic was moving in all lanes.  I guess I just don't get it or maybe have way too much common sense?

Amen to pulling over and texting to their hearts content!!  But oh NO that's way too much to ask so instead they jeopardize each and everyone of us and themselves.  You see those no texting billboards, over the road billboards and they pay no mind.  What a darn shame people become so self involved they forget and then when least expected, you know.

Our laws really need to be made much stricter and the fines much higher, in all our states. 

@Suziepeach

The only way is to hit him where it hurts.....and no I don't mean "there"....I mean as you suggested in their wallets, yep I concur more priority on this type of violations and higher fines.......

There was a town hall here awhile back and people submitted questions to a news team to ask our city council, and someone submitted a question regarding texting and driving.....and the response from one of the city council members was millions had been spent on ad campaigns---billboards and even public service commercials to educate people......if she was my City Council person (thankfully she wasn't) I'd be sure to vote for someone else next election---those campaigns are NEVER effective people just ignore them because guess what---they are busy texting.... Smiley Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt,  you see it everywhere about not texting and driving.  Someone really has to be stupid to not be aware of all the signage, tv ads and etc.  Tons of money spent for some to sadly think, it won't happen to them.

I drive an H2 and sit above people... I sit there and stare at them until they realize they've been seen and put the phone down, like a hand caught in the cookie jar.  It's a vehicle people!!!!!  Not a phone booth...... 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

That goes for people grilling outside when there is a fire warning out for Tx your not suppose to burn nothing outside.

These people were grilling outside stupid hamburgers and a spark caught the dead crispy grass on fire and it burned down their house and took thousands of acres with it. We've had lots of acreage burned this year by idiots ignoring judge's rules. HIgh winds and dead grass. Some horses burned up and cattle. Firemen were in hospitals, some men died trying to save their horses . Others were burned bad and the rancher had to put them down to put them out of their misery.

People with no sense. I hope insurance won't pay to build back their house

Some people will only learn the hard way.

fry your ^^^^ hamburger in the house and boil your hot dogs.

Makes me livid.

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Spurt,  you see it everywhere about not texting and driving.  Someone really has to be stupid to not be aware of all the signage, tv ads and etc.  Tons of money spent for some to sadly think, it won't happen to them.

I drive an H2 and sit above people... I sit there and stare at them until they realize they've been seen and put the phone down, like a hand caught in the cookie jar.  It's a vehicle people!!!!!  Not a phone booth...... 

@Suziepeach

Glad you awaken their conscience so they put the phone down.  

And speaking of phone booths don't you hate it when people use restroom stalls as phonebooths......and here you are waiting because  "nature called" while they tie up a stall with some of the stupidest unimportant conversation.....There was a health report on all the nasty germs on peoples phones...gee wondery why (sarcasm)......  Some people at work used to go in the hallways of the office building to use their phones, but they were too easily spotted by their Supervisors, so they decided to "hide out" in the stalls....Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

That goes for people grilling outside when there is a fire warning out for Tx your not suppose to burn nothing outside.

These people were grilling outside stupid hamburgers and a spark caught the dead crispy grass on fire and it burned down their house and took thousands of acres with it. We've had lots of acreage burned this year by idiots ignoring judge's rules. HIgh winds and dead grass. Some horses burned up and cattle. Firemen were in hospitals, some men died trying to save their horses . Others were burned bad and the rancher had to put them down to put them out of their misery.

People with no sense. I hope insurance won't pay to build back their house

Some people will only learn the hard way.

fry your ^^^^ hamburger in the house and boil your hot dogs.

Makes me livid.

@SharkE

Oh sharke how awful!!!  Those poor people and animals.....crying-hello-kitty.gifIt saddens my heart and makes me just SO ANGRY!!!!!  .........  I hope the people that lost loved ones and animals sue those that started the fire for everything they are worth....and dont even have a pot to....(well you know the rest)!!! angry.gif

No one cares about obeying laws or rules anymore---some think they are above it all.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

more dollars then sense. Stupidity.  Just use the sense the good Lord gave you.  Shoot, I'm a transplant from Ind and when I moved down here I knew you'd better not f*rt to close to the ground or it would set off a range fire.

I put a big chunk rock in my curb trash cart too because of the winds and some of these people who have lived here since Moby D**k was a sardine still don't put nothing in their containers to keep them from blowing up the St. and over in my yard.

cantfixstupid.gif