Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Don't the Bush's live in the Preston area?  I think it's near.  I'm not sure exactly where the tornado did hit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom @LTT1 

Glad to see you are fine.  You were the only one I knew lived in the area.  I'm close to DFW airport and we had lots of rain and lightning.  Glad you were in Arlington, did you get storms too?  

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac 

hi there!

I was wondering about DFW airport...guess they grounded planes for awhile.

Anywhere up there, including where you live, had to be pretty scary last night.🌪🌪

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Texas tornado

[ Edited ]

Very Neighborly!

9ACA3535-348A-4357-AE1D-A0F69A0698C3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

42B01096-F1B0-4A1C-8ADA-FD5302801913.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I think it's because Texas is SO immense. So huge in size.  You can drive for hours and never get out of the state.  It's like if you want to go the nearest Burger King, you might have to drive over 50 miles!

I never got over being there that one time. I actually saw a few men in Stetson  hats, but my husband said that every man in Texas wears one is a myth. I must say, they looked good in them! My husband like his stay there and might have settled there, but he didn't in the end.  He really liked West Texas.  But yes, the weather there is unverving and very unpredictable.  I've also read some funny things about the rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas!

@songbird 

It's a big state...all right! 

The Red River Rivalry is a big college football rivalry between The University of Texas and University of Oklahoma....they play their big game in Dallas....which is supposed to be "neutral" territory since UT is actually located in Austin....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

@songbird  I live in West Texas. I am surprised that your husband liked West Texas because this is not the pretty part of the state! It's flat, flat, flat, hot and dry! It's hard to keep your yard pretty and green in the summer. No humidity but miserably hot. Winters are great, little to no snow. People are very friendly and there's a church on every corner. I live in Lubbock. Our college football team are theTexas Tech Red Raiders. Our big rival is University of Texas, Texas Longhorns. I see very few Stetsons but lots of jeans and cowboy boots.

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

@songbird  I live in West Texas. I am surprised that your husband liked West Texas because this is not the pretty part of the state! It's flat, flat, flat, hot and dry! It's hard to keep your yard pretty and green in the summer. No humidity but miserably hot. Winters are great, little to no snow. People are very friendly and there's a church on every corner. I live in Lubbock. Our college football team are theTexas Tech Red Raiders. Our big rival is University of Texas, Texas Longhorns. I see very few Stetsons but lots of jeans and cowboy boots.

He liked it because it's the only part of Texas that is actually Western.....an in Wyoming, etc.(as in The True West)  the Libertarian in thought and the independent spirit. Texas is really a Southern state. It's part of Dixie. They were after all, part of the Confederacy. But West Texas is....different. More Western in thought then Southern. Anyway, he liked most of Texas and hill country is beautiful. But he liked the people in West Texas most of all. He made good friends there.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower 

Texas Tech grad here.   Wreck 'Em, Red Raiders.   Loved Tech!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom Don't the Bush's live in the Preston area?  I think it's near.  I'm not sure exactly where the tornado did hit. 

He does live in that general area.