Honored Contributor

You guys think stealing car parts is a brand new form of evil? That's kind of funny.

The problem is that in Texas the individual is responsible for protecting their property using their firearm. In the past, you would just call the police if someone was stealing from you. In this case, the off duty deputy tried to handle the situation himself without backup. He took a great risk for himself and everyone around him, due to the fact that the suspects were armed just like he was, and tragically paid for it with his life.

Evil has always existed. Now it's just better armed.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They would have gotten out in 30 minutes probably still will.

The same thing happening in Cali too!!!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

This country has been degenerate with gun violence for decades and decades. Other countries that aren't degenerate in that way look at us and shake their heads.

@Greeneyedlady21 Other countries don't have the crime issues we have.   

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Here in NYC, with our new bail reform, it's like a revolving door.  Make a desk appearance, promise to return for their court date and get tickets to a Mets game.  It's disgusting.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Here in NYC, with our new bail reform, it's like a revolving door.  Make a desk appearance, promise to return for their court date and get tickets to a Mets game.  It's disgusting.

@twinsister 

Unless I am mistaken, the AG is an elected office in NY. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@twinsister wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@twinsister 

Unless I am mistaken, the AG is an elected office in NY. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn - You are correct - they are elected.

Honored Contributor

Most other countries have much stricter gun laws than we do in the US. Guess it's just a coincidence that those countries have less crime than we do too. Fewer mass shootings too. 

I am glad to live in a state that has stricter gun laws than other states. Fewer gun shootings and crimes too.

Please don't @me, it's an endless waste of time argument here.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Stricter gun laws do NOT equate to less crime.

Respected Contributor

Re: Texas deputy killed

[ Edited ]

HOUSTON - A procession was held this morning for Deputy Darren Almendarez, who was tragically killed off-duty while confronting catalytic converter thieves targeting his truck outside a grocery store. 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/04/04/procession-scheduled-for-fallen-veteran-hcso-dep...

Loved ones are left mourning the loss of a father, brother, son and uncle.

His 14-year-old daughter, Andrea Almendarez, spoke to KHOU11 News with her family by her side. She remembers their daddy-daughter dates. Her hat that reads "Daddy's Girl" says it all. “He was a very caring person. He was very, very loving," she said.

Almendarez came from a big family. He was one of 12 siblings. His brothers and sisters remember the man who they say, "had heart of gold.

"He really did. Everybody who met him loved him," his brother, Steve, said. “We’re devastated. I don’t know how we’re going to do it."

Almendarez's sister, Margarita, remembers the self-made man who worked at a fast-food restaurant to make ends meet.

“My dad looked through the window and saw him mopping the floors. He said he did whatever he had to do to survive,” Margarita said.

He was shopping for his sister Shirley's birthday when he was killed. She remembers him as a protector who served his community the same way he served his family.

“He would still always offer me ... during bad weather to come stay with him because he wanted me to be safe. And that’s just how my brother is. He’s an amazing, amazing brother," Shirley said.

Daughter, Andrea, surrounded by her family, said it best. 

“He was a hero."

Almendarez's niece, Alice, who lost her own father, said her uncle was there for her every step of the way. "He loved to protect and serve, but he loved to protect and guide us, too ... they stole our father,  father figure from all of us.

He's irreplaceable," Alice said.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative