Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They would have gotten out in 30 minutes probably still will.

@SharkE    Not if they're charged with capital murder.  That is potentially a death penalty offense.  You know how they love those in Texas.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Gunfights are more and more common in Texas. It's very sad. And it will only get worse. Nothing can be done about it.

@Porcelain 

Guess you haven't noticed the states that have the highest, using your word "gunfights. It is not Texas. 

In this Texas incident it was an Off-duty Deputy. He confronted thief's trying to steal a catalytic converter. That doesn't fall into my category of a "gunfight".

Nothing can be done? I can think of several things that can be done to those that break the law, but will it? Doesn't appear so in certain states, especially where the perpetrators, are also considered being the victims.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   If they fired at him and he fired at them (wounding 2), I'd call that a gunfight.  Its a wonder no bystander was Injured.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@hckynutjohn   If they fired at him and he fired at them (wounding 2), I'd call that a gunfight.  Its a wonder no bystander was Injured.

@Kachina624 

It's a gunfight. As for bystanders? The article I read didn't go into detail as to bystanders. It was a short synopsis of the event.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn    It took place in a grocery store parking lot.

Honored Contributor

People shooting at each other is a gunfight.

People committing a crime and shooting at the victim of the crime, it's self defence.

People shooting at cops and cops firing back, that's suicide by cop.

Honored Contributor

Re: Texas deputy killed

[ Edited ]

If you live somewhere with lots of guns, when you shoot at someone you can expect to be shot back. Simple logic. Simple odds. You should assume everyone around you is armed, especially criminals. Tools of the trade.

Gunfights usually have someone in the right and someone in the wrong. It's still a gunfight. When the police get into a gunfight with a suspect, it is called a gunfight. The term does not get into the details about who shot first or why.

Also keep in mind that bystanders are armed as well. One of them might mistake which person is the good guy and which one is the bad guy if no one is wearing a uniform. Then you've got a three way gunfight with the bystander mistakenly trying to help the wrong person by shooting into the situation. Lots of crossfire with that.

To each their own, I say.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

This is not an issue of guns.  It's an issue of a people of a nation sinking deeper & deeper into degeneracy.  It's evil in people that is the issue.  A weapon of any kind can't operate without a person operating it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Personally, I think it is a result of too much bad behavior being excused for one reason or another--when the behavior negates any reason. 

Honored Contributor

This country has been degenerate with gun violence for decades and decades. Other countries that aren't degenerate in that way look at us and shake their heads.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"